Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any words of a Behringer X32 replacement coming soon?

Darcity

Its time to upgrade my Presonus SL24.4.2. I really Like the X32 for its flexibility but I know Its been around for a while. Any hints, insight or words?
Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think a replacement won't be around for a few years yet, the software upgrades and new expansion cards combined with the quality of the original package means that there is currently not really the need to make a new version yet.

Plus I guess the current model is still selling quite well and for people who want better quality there is the Midas M32.

It also means that the cost of the product can stay relatively cheap as the only cost to Music Tribe currently is in software updates which have been as far as I am aware (I don't own an X32 or any digital mixer) excellent, adding some really good features for free.

Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e

The Allen & Heath SQ5 is the pressure. For $2700 you get 96Khz, 48ch, full stereo busses, auxes, and channels, and a cleaner UI. Basically, exactly what you would want an X32 version 2.0 to be. Its a few years newer, has much more powerful DSP, and had the X32 as prior art to know what to fix.

I mix on the X32 regularly, and have the Midas M32 in my studio as a Dante router/headphone mixer/extra inputs device. It works great.

Behringer could certainly make it cheaper than Allen & Heath given the volumes they'd sell.

I am waiting to see who will break ranks and make a live board with Dynamic EQ. It's in the $20k boards from several vendors, but not anything under $10k. That is a seriously useful feature if you mix live vocals.

The Allen & Heath SQ5 is the pressure. For $2700 you get 96Khz, 48ch, full stereo busses, auxes, and channels, and a cleaner UI. Basically, exactly what you would want an X32 version 2.0 to be. Its a few years newer, has much more powerful DSP, and had the X32 as prior art to know what to fix.

I mix on the X32 regularly, and have the Midas M32 in my studio as a Dante router/headphone mixer/extra inputs device. It works great.

Behringer could certainly make it cheaper than Allen & Heath given the volumes they'd sell.

I am waiting to see who will break ranks and make a live board with Dynamic EQ. It's in the $20k boards from several vendors, but not anything under $10k. That is a seriously useful feature if you mix live vocals.

I agree! As much as I love A&H, my pocket doesnt. Lol. Their add-on equipment is so pricey but their quality is top notch.

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

I love my X32 rack. There's a lot of mixing power in that thing. :thu:

Right now, Behringer is probably thinking if it ain't broke don't break it. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

If you're really desperate for dynamic EQ in an X32....you could maybe duplicate the channel strip, static EQ it, and then trigger the compressor/expander on the dynamics tab from the source channel.

Might get you there. You'd be burning a channel strip per EQ point though. Yikes. I didn't realize folks were doing that live with the bigger desks? I guess there's no reason not to, if you can rehearse with the talent or a virtual soundcheck version thereof.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I love my X32 rack. There's a lot of mixing power in that thing. :thu:

Right now, Behringer is probably thinking if it ain't broke don't break it. :cool:

Lol!! That makes a lot of sense!

I have the X32, X32 rack and the Midas version as well. Hard to beat for the money. Been using them since they came out and at the lower prices now are definitely our choice at that price point.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived