Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good action for clavinet?

nickd

Yeah, I understand the desire for a low E, but I don't think it gets you much if it means you don't have a low F.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all, seems I need to start saving up for a real clavinet!

Or... maybe there's scope for a DIY modification of a cheap MIDI controller to get the light / shallow action needed...

Yeah, I understand the desire for a low E, but I don't think it gets you much if it means you don't have a low F.

I think I perused the setlist and made the call: an E could get much more usage. It was a mostly original band, it wasn't like I was covering existing clav parts.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

correct, Scott. Then you couldn't play this (George Duke on clavinet, for those who don't know)

[video:youtube]

:nopity:

Thanks all, seems I need to start saving up for a real clavinet!

Or... maybe there's scope for a DIY modification of a cheap MIDI controller to get the light / shallow action needed...

They are a pain in the ass. But they are their own animal. There is nothing else like them.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I own an E7 . The best thing for me is the GSI Gemini and DMC . It feels slghtly different but I would not care about the slightly different kb action . Too bad it is a bit to close to the original omitting some keys ;-)but the aftertouch is nice on that one . And it is optional . As almost everything on that setup

Archived