Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anything happening in San Diego this weekend?

zephonic

Have gigs there on Saturday and Sunday so thinking of staying the night. Anything good happening on Saturday night? Gigs? Cool bands?

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I'm from San Diego, still visit there, and still have some curiosity about the music scene, I did some internet homework for you. The Belly Up Tavern is the best spot, imo, but they're featuring 2 nights of SuperDiamond. Pass.

But you're in luck because Orgone is at Winston's in Ocean Beach Saturday night. Me, I'd be all over that. Probably should get an advance ticket.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

If you need to kill time, is there any chance you could fix IMRTs 2005 CX3?
:roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Taco y Tequila Festival: https://www.tequilaandtacomusicfestival.com/

It's a daytime thing. I'm still on the fence whether to stay the night, or just shuttle back and forth. If something interesting is happening I might just hang out, but if I'm just gonna be stuck in a hotel room, I'd rather go home and come back the next day.

But you're in luck because Orgone is at Winston's in Ocean Beach Saturday night. Me, I'd be all over that. Probably should get an advance ticket.

They sound nice, thanks for the heads-up.

Not exactly sure. Saturday call time is 2:30PM and Sunday is 3:45PM. Call time is usually 60 or 75 minutes before downbeat. Name of the singer is Adelaide, it's her gig.

You could try Humphrey's. They have full concerts and also an upstairs bar with live music. Might be some place to hang for an evening.
Korg Triton Extreme, Roland VR-760, Roland D-50, A&H ZED 12-FX, QSC K12s

Thanks for the tip. Their website says they have private event tomorrow night, unfortunately.

Thanks for the tip. Their website says they have private event tomorrow night, unfortunately.

Moment of panic as I wondered if I'd calendared the wrong date for the private affair I am playing there....

But all good.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I notice Jean-Michel Jarre is at the Spreckels Theater on Saturday.

A FANTASTIC jazz pianist named Joshua White is playing at Dizzy's; you should go to that one. He's bad-ass.

Dream Syndicate is at Casbah. That's a classic San Diego rock bar that his been the center of SD's "scene" for decades. Great lowbrow vibe there.

Mercedes Moore plays at Tio Leo's, and her piano player is usually a good boogie player. Cougar-town, too.

Finally, there is almost always good flamenco at Cafe Sevilla, and if you go there, you will not go back to your hotel alone.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

We went for dinner after the gig and by the time we were done it was 9pm. We still had to look for a place to stay and after we landed at a motel I didnt feel like going out again.

Archived