Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi-(but only semi)--OT / Steven Hawking blows this scene

d  halfnote

If ya'ain't heard, the cat who lived 50+ yrs past his orig expiration date finally blew out.

Let us take a moment to honor the hippest scientist of modern times.

Listen & y'll hear why we start w/Parliament/Funkadelic....

[video:youtube]

Here's what the other PF took from him

But wait, there's more

Hawking had a sense of humor...do you ?

He was also as serious as we come

d=halfnote

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rest in Peace Steven Hawking...

https://www.thewrap.com/big-bang-theory-cast-remembers-stephen-hawking/ <---I remember him coming on and playing himself on the Big Bang Theory. From their comments you can tell that the cast truly admired him, as did I...he did a great job acting on the show even though it played such a small part in his life. I truly enjoyed watching the few episodes I managed to catch.

Take care, Larryz

If ya'ain't heard, the cat who lived 50+ yrs past his orig expiration date finally blew out.

Let us take a moment to honor the hippest scientist of modern times.

Listen...

Thanks for all those videos, Half'. Good stuff.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

... playing himself on the Big Bang Theory. From their comments you can tell that the cast truly admired him...

One of the actresses there, Mayim Bialik, actually has a PhD or Masters in neuroscience.

AString's a big fan of that show...I left room for him to post Hawking's app there....til you stepped up & did it, LarZ. :bang::rolleyes::facepalm::D

d=halfnote

Many years ago, I read A Brief History of Time-and the word `unimaginable` kind of dropped out of my vocabulary. SH had the vision to imagine-and diagram-what was previously unseen and umimagined. On those days when I feel like civilization is drowning in stupid, I will remember him.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

On those days when I feel like civilization is drowning in stupid, I will remember him.

Ha! Based on that, he must be hard to forget! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Sad he had to suffer so much. A remarkable man. RIP

It's deeply ironic that a person whose body gradually lost every means of mobility, ultimately leaving him nothing but the ability to focus his eyes was able to envision the vast possibilities of the universe in a way wider than anyone else.

BTW, I hope he's not upset that I misspelled him name. :hitt:

d=halfnote

As you watch this interview...& they song perf that follows it, which again betrays his deep sense of humor as well as his serious consideration of our existence, consider that the quick facility of his answers actually involved the submission questions in advance & the careful development of his answers, followed by the letter by letter selection of his response & its insertion in the speech program that provided his communications.

Depending on his degree of editing to arrange things (remember, no paper or jotting notes), any single sentence might've taken hours to construct.

Plus, for over 50 years absolutely no privacy.

:eek:

d=halfnote

Some great posts here.

Stephen Hawking was certainly a man that I admired. His work will live on for years. In fact, he was in the process of co-authoring a paper on a method that would prove the theory of a Multiverse. It looks fairly promising, I hear (I haven't read the paper yet).

Unraveling the mysteries of the Universe used to belong to Einstein, then Hawking. I hope we get another forward thinker soon. The work must continue.

RIP Mr. Hawking.

Some great posts here.

Stephen Hawking was certainly a man that I admired. His work will live on for years. In fact, he was in the process of co-authoring a paper on a method that would prove the theory of a Multiverse. It looks fairly promising, I hear (I haven't read the paper yet).

Unraveling the mysteries of the Universe used to belong to Einstein, then Hawking. I hope we get another forward thinker soon. The work must continue.

RIP Mr. Hawking.

________ universo.jpg

________

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived