Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics

Delta

We'll sort of. I was sitting with my wife tonight casually watching figure skating which she loves, and a highly hyped North Korean pair start their routine. The announcer said they were skating to an instrumental version of the Beatles' "A Day in the Life." As the music started I realized that it was electric guitar, which immediately woke me up from my stupor. I said to my wife, "That sounds like Jeff Beck!" Come to find out that Jeff has done several versions of that song and it's been part of his live repertorie recently. By the way, I'll be seeing Jeff this summer in West Palm Beach with Paul Rodgers and Nancy Wilson. I've seen a lot of great artists live in my 61 year old life but not Jeff. Looking forward to it.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm usually reluctant to claim anybody or anything as the "best", due to whenever anybody DOES make that claim, it's in their own personal opinion. Now, I, or someone else might feel differently as to who's the "best" electric guitarist there is today, but I'll only go so far as to agree that Beck is damned GOOD!. And for all WE know, Jeff himself might think somebody else besides himself it the "best". ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived