Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Elektron Digitone

GovernorSilver

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Elektron decided to put a DX27 in a small box. I hope it sells. :laugh:

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the Digitakt or replace it with an ASR-10. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

So, Elektron decided to put a DX27 in a small box. I hope it sells. :laugh:

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the Digitakt or replace it with an ASR-10. :D:cool:

Elektron sequencer though?

Looks and sounds mighty nice next to the Digitakt. I'd love to shift some of my "traditional" gear and get deep into these but I get too many traditional gigs :(

I was actually reminded more of the DX200 tabletop synth. A friend of mine got some great sounds out of hers, and wrote some good (imo) songs with it, but later gave up on music.

I'm guessing you could just MIDI it up as a sound module for normal keys-playing gigs and not use the sequencer.

With Elektron's version of motion sequencing, allowing a different patch per sequence step, and 4 parts, it looks like a major upgrade to the DX200.

Years ago, in a MAJOR bought of stupidity, after taking the FM card out of my DX200 and putting it in my S90, I tossed the DX200 shell in the dumpster thinking I would never use it again.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

It's good value for the price. Not quite what I want, but it makes me hopeful that they will iterate towards an FS1r sort of device with a usable interface. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

why the jungle backdrop for the video? :idk

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they were thinking it was a nice juxtaposition to all of the digital focus?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

There is a genre of electronica music called "jungle" -- perhaps this is what they were going for?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived