Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia's Newest Virtual Synth - CMI V

Mighty Motif Max

Saw this pop up in my YouTube feed. I don't think anyone else posted about it yet (i.e. ElmerJFudd).

https://www.arturia.com/products/cmi-v/overview

Edit. Looks like there was a mention? Crap. https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2894072/Arturia_V_Collection_6_announc

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat some of us veterans to the punch. ;)

Right. :whistle: Like I can spend all day on my computer. :laugh:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

A quick play through of the CMI V presets finds it to be a lot of sound effects and not a lot of stuff I'd find instantly useful.

The DX 7 V on the other hand...

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

A quick play through of the CMI V presets finds it to be a lot of sound effects and not a lot of stuff I'd find instantly useful.

I find that Arturia's presets in general don't seem that usable or inspiring! I think they're just there as a starting point.

It's pretty incredible that they now have a plugin emulation of both the Synclavier and the Fairlight. Other companies (like UVI) have done them already, but only in a sample library format.

The DX 7 V on the other hand...

Wow, I wasn't aware they had done a DX7 as well. It's questionable if you need another one, though, with FM8 and Dexed etc... - does it offer anything those don't?

Yeah, you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat some of us veterans to the punch. ;)

Maybe not, but a quick look at the first page of the forum for the word Arturia would have saved you a post.... :2thu:

Arturia's DX seems to have a couple of features that FM8 doesn't and I've never tried Dexed.

I have an old DX9 in the closet that I almost wanted to drag out and compare. But the DX7 V sounded right on to my ears.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Maybe not, but a quick look at the first page of the forum for the word Arturia would have saved you a post.... :2thu:

I did not realize that the Fairlight was part of the Collection V 6. I never paid much attention to the collections since I am not big into soft synths (yet :-D). Therefore I did not research that thread.

Archived