Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Interesting vintage Crumar listing

Morizzle

Found this on a classified ads page.

Crumar Organizer T2 and a DS2 synth.

That combi looks massive. My back starts to hurt when I look at the pictures. I'm not interested in buying, but I'm wondering if I should still go just to check those keyboards out (if the seller is fine with me wasting his time, of course).

Clonque

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DS2 is a pretty cool synth. I got to mess around with one in the early 80's. It had a duophonic section, IIRC. Good sound, too.

Can't speak to the T2

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Ah, the Crumar T2 Organizer. My first "portable" (still weighed a good amount) keyboard in 1980. Couldn't afford the newer Korg BX-3 that just came out and Sam Ash in Paramus NJ was doing a blowout sale on the Crumar. Mate is correct. It was an early clonewheel. It sounded OK for full drawbar out rock through a real Leslie, but there was no V/C, only some kind of weird tremolo. The interesting thing is if you set up the same drawbar setting for both manuals, and played the same chord, the sound would drop out (rather than be doubled). I was told this is because the 2 manuals shared the same octave divider circuitry. But hey, it got me through many gigs in a college cover band. :-)

Archived