Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What I don't like about the new EQ magazine

Regarding Tape Op subscriptions and email. I try to answer every email sent to Tape Op (it mostly goes to me, the editor, and I'm only one person!). The only enmails I don't answer are ones asking if I received the new CD by ____ and when it will be reviewed, and questions about subscriptions. If the emails are related to subscription problems then I forward them to AJ who will go through them all before a new issue mailing and try to fix any problems. We don't have a full time database employee (we don;t have any full-time employees) and I don't have access to the database myself.

If anyone is having subscription problems please email subs@tapeop.com or just go and resign up and let us know if you ever receive two issues at once.

I know we constantly have to announce this, but most of us connected with the magazine run studios full time and there isn't some big office or publishing company behind Tape Op. If a few FREE subs go missing occasionally please don't take it personally!

Larry Crane www.tapeop.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larry I got my free one yesterday - It's wonderful of course ! :thu:

I just wanted to see how it looked and after my move soon I'll be signing up as a paying subscriber. Thanks for all the hard work (hehe, understatement I'm sure)

Originally posted by EQ Editor:

Craig's at Musikmesse, so I'll jump in....

No worries, you'll be seeing more personality coverage in EQ over the next few months. As Jeff very correctly pointed out, it's a balancing act. The balance will shift a bit back toward personalities in the coming months -- although not at the expense of our expanded techniques coverage.

Wow. :thu: The man.

EQ needs to be thicker. :D

Originally posted by Larry_Crane:

If anyone is having subscription problems please email subs@tapeop.com or just go and resign up and let us know if you ever receive two issues at once.

I have to give much thanks to Larry and AJ, who have taken the time out of their busy work schedule to correct my subscription problem so I can start getting Tape Op again. :thu:

As it turns out...there was a small typo WRT my ZIP code in their database...and that is now being corrected by AJ.

As I said in my previous post above...Tape Op is my favorite "read" these days...

and one of the few audio magazines that doesnt get just a single "flip-through".

Please LarryDO NOT change a thing!!!

Some other trade magazines have try to follow the current interest trend...which can be a bit of an elusive butterfly at times...

...whereas Tape Op pretty much sets it's own trend, and thats probably why it has such a devoted following. :cool:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived