Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Hang in there, brother Joe!!!!!

Dave Bryce

Hi Joe and Daniel!

Glad ya'll made it through without flooding. I'm near Gulfgate, 610s & 45. It got within 2" of my threshold, and the carpet got wet in my shop with an elevated floor and 2 storage sheds took on about half a foot. Feeling extremely blessed compared to many others in the Houston area.

Kurzweil PC4, NS3-88, Kronos 2-61, QSC K8.2's.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
because the damage is unprecedented ?

Anyway I hope you are comfortable.

When 50+ inches of rain falls on a place, that is unprecedented. Houston is in Harris County, and I heard a third of it was under water at one point. That's over 500 square miles if correct.

I've seen posts *today* from people I know that still have *feet* of water in their homes, some are still inaccessible. Yet for me, things are still fine, thankfully.

Hi Joe and Daniel!

Glad ya'll made it through without flooding. I'm near Gulfgate, 610s & 45. It got within 2" of my threshold, and the carpet got wet in my shop with an elevated floor and 2 storage sheds took on about half a foot. Feeling extremely blessed compared to many others in the Houston area.

Glad you're okay, man! Lots of people got lower amounts of damage like yours that don't get nearly the coverage others did. Hopefully what happened to you won't take too much to fix.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

because the damage is unprecedented ?

Maybe the images in this slideshow will give you some idea of how devastating Harvey was.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Many of us have heard the expression "wrap my head around it". This disaster is a case, maybe the only case where my mind is having difficulty wrapping my head around it.

Organized, chaotic... the people are so cooperative. Katrina is infamous for the chaos aspect even turning violent.

Houston Footage only shows the positive human spirit tested to its limits, as the city sewer system is beyond its capacity. No looting, I am hoping, or violence?

Where are the good people of Houston being taken?

I will continue to donate my small amounts from our locale food supermarket.

Have there been estimates on how long it takes for water to come back to normal?

I am having trouble wrapping my head around this.

Where is your food and ahem, drinking water?

Prayers forthcoming.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I can't wrap my head around it, either. I'm not sure many of us can. Since I've been lucky and everything I've seen in person is now okay, I have this false sense of "no big deal" but I know that's not right. I just got off the phone with a friend who can't even get back to his house yet because there's still too much water in the street. He was telling me about all his stuff he hopes is okay. I hope he can salvage a lot of it. Maybe it can be rinsed off and be alright, like his collections of Matchbox cars and such. Unfortunately, the more some stuff sits in water, the more damaged it can become (mold and mildew as well as water damage itself). He has a motorcycle he bought in July and still has dealer tags on it that is underwater, as well as a '71 Volkswagen.

Trucks are coming in, stores are open. It just depends on where you are and how badly the store was damaged, if at all. I've seen photos of the interior of one grocery store where everything was trashed and on the floor.

Thought I would check in and see how Joe, Daniel and others who might be in the area are doing.

Trying to determine the path of Irma early on, but hopefully it does not decide to veer left and cause more damage where Harvey was.

Everyone be and stay safe no matter where you are in the path of these storms.

:(

Thought I would check in and see how Joe, Daniel and others who might be in the area are doing.

Trying to determine the path of Irma early on, but hopefully it does not decide to veer left and cause more damage where Harvey was.

Everyone be and stay safe no matter where you are in the path of these storms.

Irma shouldn't go any further west than FL. Good for us, bad for them. I tend to think we need a "Hang in there, Florida KCers!!!!!" thread...

I heard on the mindless news, it is hard to book a flight out of Miami.

Joe, with this experience freshly imprinted upon you... what would you do today if you were in Miami??

Hope things are tolerable for you and yours. I am donating to harvey every time I hit Vons our supermarket.. and I go there almost nightly.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I have some friends in Silver Springs, Florida, and I imagine the path they believe it will go will probably bring them some bad wind and rain, but hopefully they will be okay.

I agree about the KC'er thread for those in the soon to be affected area. How many are there?

Hurricane tracking is a hobby of mine. Irma is starting to track more left - it could actually end up out in the Gulf - but right now straight up central Florida is going to get the brunt of it, and Atlanta could actually see a Tropical Storm.

Here in Savannah, we were the early landfall target, now, no more than rain and gusty winds.

As long as it doesn't wobble back east.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

You mean for Texas? Nah.

In fact, it looks like Jose is going to turn north before Florida and go out to sea. It does suck if it hits places that Irma already trashed before it turns.

Katia is headed to Mexico, last I saw it was already there.

That said, Irma has a lot of people here very jumpy. Any tropical storm coming this way could be very bad simply because of the mess that hasn't been cleaned up, trees that are already weakened, etc. Hopefully Harvey is our one and only.

Also, a lot of people here are generally on edge. PTSD-like things happening for many even if nothing happened to them during Harvey.

When I looked at the NWS site last night, Katia was gone. Jose was predicted to wobble out at sea for a few days. Hopefully that doesn't mean intermittent battering of those islands.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov [click on each storm to see details of path and stuff]

Archived