Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lab4Music Sipario Midi Command Center

TomKittel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught this post recently, saw it didn't get much notice. But I looked into the Sipario box. It looks really useful and more featured (out of the box hardware wise for its purpose) than an iPad with MIDI routing software.

http://www.lab4music.it/img/sipario-front.png

sipario_rear_panel.jpg

This is what it does:

> Send program change.

> Send control change.

> Send system exclusive.

> Customizing dinamic curve.

> Midi merge external clock.

> Send midi start/stop/continue.

> Remapping of velocity.

> Dynamic layer according to the velocity.

> Filter out and remap control change.

> Sounds transpose.

> Filter out input midi channel.

> Automation on control change.

> Midi clock internal generation.

> Advanced management of sustain.

> Backup/Recall of scenes on USB memory stick.

> Up to 8 levels of splits and layers.

Andrea Girbaudo in the videos below is using a Roland FP-30 which of course is a pretty stripped down stage digital piano. Not even line outs, just headphone. And no 5pin MIDI, just USB. The FP-30 has the PHA-4 Standard w/ escapement, 5 velocity curves. It's only 51.18" wide and weighs 31lbs 2oz - $699.99.

Well, obviously the FP-30 is poo for anything except being pretty light, fairly short and not too heavy. As sound source he's using the GSi Gemini dual DSP desktop which covers a lot of bread and butter sounds quite well. He's using the Sipario to send program changes, do splits/layers and transpose octaves obviously, but maybe some other stuff too. Gives the FP-30 lots of features it wouldn't have otherwise at it's price point, $319 in the US (Amazon will tell you where to get it in the US).

OT - videos also give you an idea of what a Gemini desktop sounds like in small band/keyboard trio context.

[video:youtube]

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

This does look like a great product. If I was using a hardware only rig (e.g. not MainStage) it would definitely be on my interest list. I am surprised it only has one USB port though. Two would have been handy for a dual KB setup (especially lower end controllers that may not have midi ports). I wonder if a hub could be connected and multiple controllers connected to the hub? Would rely on being able to set each to its own midi channel on the controller itself I suppose

Nord Stage 2EX | Nord Wave | Mainstage 3

K&M Spider Pro | JH Audio JH5 IEMs | Behringer XR18 | Radial Keylargo

Archived