Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joe Pass style solo guitar

Markblues

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you can just type in YouTube Mark Hussey Summertiem and it will be there.

Quite right, you'll here a little Chet influence in there but not really Brian and not Tommy either. I find TE often plays guitar more like a sport than music. Technically sound but sometimes and most of the time less is more where momentum doesn't carry you through

Mark Hussey Solo Guitar Arrangements

http://www.markhussey.com/arrangements

<---here's a little TE walking bass line that your Summertime reminded me of. It's hard not to hear a lot of Chet in Tommy's playing in many of his tunes. Probably comes from being one of Chet's students. But, only you know where your influence(s) come from and you do a great job. I was replaying your clip a minute ago and my wife not knowing who it was playing Summertime, just walked by and asked me "is that Tommy?" LOL! I said no, it's just one of our guys on the forum! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

It's hard to tell how great his sound is from YT clips. I have seen him live twice so far and I'm about ready for another Tommy fix. His tone sounds great live and he travels with his own sound man. I have sat in the nose bleeds and the 2nd time in the 2nd row. His sound is great. He also has control with an on stage mixer if he wants to tweek it when he changes guitars, but I haven't seen him use it much. I do have one recording of his live show as PBS was taping the 2nd show I attended and sent me a copy. I highly recommend all guitar players see him just once. You can look around in the audience and tell just about every guy there plays guitar as they sit there mesmerized and drooling with their mouths open LOL! He does do a lot of banging on the box but his acoustic sound on stage is geared more to the performance than to recording...great stuff! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Archived