Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KEITH EMERSON A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF LIFE

tarkus

https://www.thsh.co.uk/event/keith-emerson-a-musical-celebration-of-life#tab0=details

This tribute concert will feature music by keyboard virtuoso Keith Emerson, played by the people who featured in his life. The evening will include a Symphony Orchestra, keyboard virtuoso Rick Wakeman, inspirational young pianist from California, Rachel Flowers, from France renowned musician Thierry Eliez, and ELP tribute band Noddys Puncture. There will also be surprise guest artiste to be announced soon! A musical night that you will savour about a man you will never forget

any UK KCers going? Hope they post a video

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very good at posting Twitter tweets, but I follow Wakeman:

Rick Wakeman‏Verified account

@GrumpyOldRick

Follow

More

Keith Emerson's tribute concert tonight. Very proud to be a tiny part of it. It's criminal that plans we had were scuppered by third parties

11:55 PM - 27 Jul 2017

That's a Head scratcher? Wonder what he is referring to...

Jim Davidson! About as funny as a dose of the clap.

The guy who repairs my old gear, Tom, is the keyboard player in Noddy's Puncture, the tribute band on the bill. He was a good friend of Keith and goes the whole hog with the tribute. Moog modular, Hammond, knives, ribbon controller, the works. There's a very nice video online when Keith turned up at a pub they were performing at and joined in (pre the modular days). Here you go:

[video:youtube]

So many drummers, so little time.

Does anyone know the status of a DVD or Blueray from the tribute concert at the El Ray in Los Angeles last year? The event is now over a year ago and what an amazing concert it was. I had hoped to be able to relive the moment but to my knowledge there isn't an official recording, and all the YouTube videos posted after the event have been taken down.

Korg CX-3 (vintage), Casio Privia PX-5S, Lester K, Behringer Powerplay P2, Shure 215s

http://www.hackjammers.com

Does anyone know the status of a DVD or Blueray from the tribute concert at the El Ray in Los Angeles last year? The event is now over a year ago and what an amazing concert it was. I had hoped to be able to relive the moment but to my knowledge there isn't an official recording, and all the YouTube videos posted after the event have been taken down.

I think the first step is all that legal stuff. Licenses, royalties, who gets what.

Is it a profit or non profit fund raiser, etc, etc.

That structure might be something to dig up

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived