Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone near Prescott, AZ, want a gig on June 3?

One of the groups I play with is touring through Prescott and backing up a local artist there. I can't make it, and apparently their local potential just fell through. The rep is 'classic soul plus a few country tunes for the old white folks.' Red flags went up on the 'classic soul,' but I asked and it seems NOT to be a "Mustang Sally gig." He mentioned Gladys Knight, Hall & Oates, plus Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, and Roy Orbison, plus originals.

PM for more info if you're interested. I told them I'd put the call out and would love to help both them and a KC brother out if possible.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to gig in Prescott (pronounced "Press-cut" by the locals) pretty regularly back in the '80s in Phoenix-based bands. It was a fun town to play in back then and a great place to escape from the sweltering heat of Phoenix during the summer.

I'd be interested if I were still gigging in that region.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I keep hearing it as "Press Kit Arizona."

Yep. Have a friend who lives there and I visit 5-6 times a year (since I am only 90 miles away) and all it hear is "Press-kit" (except for all the Californians who have moved there to avoid the coming quake - or so they say).

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Archived