Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Waves Grand Rhapsody now available; $29

zephonic

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried the demo last night using the "standard definition" samples.

For $29 not bad, and probably pretty good for pop productions that need a cutting sound.

Mechanical noises can be cranked to comically loud levels, so there's that. :)

Couldn't seem to control release samples? There was a sort of unnatural lingering resonance on staccato passages.

Would be curious to hear how others feel.

-John

I make software noises.

Tried the demo last night using the "standard definition" samples.

For $29 not bad, and probably pretty good for pop productions that need a cutting sound.

Mechanical noises can be cranked to comically loud levels, so there's that. :)

Couldn't seem to control release samples? There was a sort of unnatural lingering resonance on staccato passages.

Would be curious to hear how others feel.

-John

Just finished downloading the HD samples.

Immidiatly lowered the key up and pedal noise (who likes that ....really ?) and of course got rid of the compression.

To be honest, i like it very much,althaugh extremely premature, but you are right it has some subtle resonance when playing staccato.

It is not as perfect as the Garritan CFX, but has a sound of it's own.

It's a no brainer for people on a budget though.

If i compare the Grand Rhapsody with the internal sounds of my Kawai MP8 (controler that i use) or Integra7 then this is piano heaven in comparison.

Also the NI Komplete piano's aren't as quality sounding.

Again early days, i just scratched the surface and i like the fact that the premature result is allready very good sounding and playable.

And yes, Adele's piano sound is right there....nice !!

Althaugh Wavesfactory and Waves both sampled the piano that once belonged to Freddie Mercury, the Bechstein sound from Queen's greatest seventies songs is not in here..... :cool:

But we are talking 29 dollars, i accept some quirks with that pricetag.

All in all a great addition and i don't think i need another piano soon.....that is when ivory finally releases their studio grands.

But a Steinway and Bosendorfer are awesome in real life, i doubt their sampled equivalents.

Cannot warm to the Hammersmith i own and the American D is not to my liking either (played it on several occasions).

The Vienna imperial is the largest library out their, but the online demo's sound a bit flat and cold to my liking.

Maybe , because i need i warm piano that cuts through a mix....a rare phenomena that the Garritan CFX (after making my own user presets) seem to do very well. And this Grand Rhapsody seem to get me there too.

But still to early....i allready found a D that stood out volume wise hahaha, but i don't really care as long as it gives me a nice contemporary piano with a warm character that can breath in a mix.

Well done Waves !!!

Archived