Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I'm stoopidd

I went to Lowes tonight to pick up some things for a home project I wanna do this weekend. I check out and I notice the cashier smirk and holding back a laugh. I showered before I went to the store cuz I just finished playing indoor soccer so I knew it wasn't a personal hygiene problem. I started wondering if she somehow knew I was not much of a handyman and would screw up my project. I'll give her that, but how'd she know? Was it from the stuff I was buying (shelves, shelf brackets, and a combo stud finder/laser level)?

I get home and I realize my pullover shirt was on backwards - the shirt's tag was on my chest instead of on my back. :o:D It's how I eventually discovered it - something was rubbing on my chest. I must've put my shirt on backwards after showering tonight in my rush to get to the store before it closed. At least I wasn't wearing it that way all day. I don't think so, anyway. :P

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D

There's been a couple times when I've told a cashier to "keep the change" though I had several dollars coming back...

Hey remember the rap group Kriss Kross? :D Yeah, well if they were legitimate today (ha!) you'd be ok with that backwards shirt. I used to dress backwards when I was a kid :freak: Not all the time though.

"Hey Butthead, which one is the mack daddy, and which one is the daddy mack?"

"I don't know, but they could both kick Vince Neil's ass."

Huh huh huh huh huh...

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Sometimes i go outside wearing only women's underwear and my pants on my head without realising it.

You think i'd remember to check those things..

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

That's a cool pop song Phil, gotta a Fighting For Five feel to it.

I don't know about that piano part, sounds kind of like an afterthought, that doesn't really add anything to the song. Ditch the piano, bring up the organ, and add a little Les Paul. Just my two cents. :D

Originally posted by Reitzas:

I bought a new staple gun last night from Home Depot. I put a 1/2' staple into my palm by mistake. Pretty stupid, huh?

Dave

www.reitzas.com

Did that myself once. HURT LIKE HELL!!!!!

Sad part? I thought it had jammed, and didn't want to leave staples on the floor in this customer's house, so I pulled the trigger two inches from my palm! :eek::o:freak:

Quite a jig I danced for the next couple minutes...

One of the stoopidest things I ever saw was when I was a carpenter many years ago. We used a RAM set which is a tool that uses a 22 caliber charge, to fire a cut nail into concrete. This guy Otch was leaning against a treated board with his butt trying to get it to go into place, so he could nail it to the edge of an elevated concrete slab with The Ram set, and shot himself in the ass. BAM! Whoops!

:eek::eek:

That could hurt BAD! I've got one of those - used it in the studio construction. I would NOT want tht to happen to me!

A friend of mine used to have a upholstry shop right next door to my office and he once walked me through how to help him and what to do in the event he put a needle through his hand. Fortunately that never happened to him while I was there... but he said he'd done it before. Said it hurt like mad... but I'd imagine it would pale compared to the .22 driven nail in the butt.

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Hey Rim!

I work at Lowe's, and saw a woman in there one day with her jogging pants on inside out. :freak: I wouldn't let the shirt thing bother you. But, the cashier should have let you in on the joke. :)

Doesn't bug me at all. If ya can't laugh at yourself, other folks will. :D

I actually give the cashier credit for not busting out laughing. Dunno if I could've helped myself if I was in her position. :)

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Archived