Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wish I'd been there, dammit!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd opt for Exile on Main Street. Not my favorite Stones album (probably Let It Bleed), but it always sounded to me like they had a really good time making this album. And who better to party with than the Stones!

Second would be Eat a Peach. And I'd make sure to get Duane and Berry to give up the bikes.

I'll go with the Beatles's sessions where they cut the tracks to "She's So Hefty" [Abbey Road].

I'v always wondered who played the bass on that track.

McCartney was creative & all (& had a wider stylistic range than Lennon or Harrison in his playing) but that particular part sounds nothing like any of his previous or later work, especially the playing behind the guitar solo.

I wonder if it was Harrison...or who?

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Easy - Sgt Pepper. I frequently think Revolver is the better album overall, but Pepper was such a groundbreaking record, with so many classic moments that I feel it would have been great to have been there for that.

I've already made one selection (see previous post) but I wouldn't have minded being there when McCartney picked up his guitar & showed Harrison what "raga-rock" was all about, playing the lead on "Taxman".

It would be cool to hear the out-takes/practice runs, too!

Of course this is still the second best Beatle guitar lead---the best being that vicious

bit in "Hey, Bulldog".

Archived