Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

table style stand for Nord 5D 61 - 40" high, max 36" wide

El Lobo

I'm trying to find a table-style keyboard stand that's perfect for a Nord 61. I play standing up and I'm 6 feet tall so I need it to come up to about 40" in height, but I don't want it wider than 36" because I need to minimize stage real estate. I have other types of stands but I want something more stable, like a table stand. Any recommendations?
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another vote for the K & M 18880 if it meets your height requirement. Lightweight, stable, sets up in seconds, compact stage footprint. I use the space between the legs (behind my pedals) to have my k10 monitor angled up at me, thus conserving even more stage real estate.
Nord Lead A1, Nord Electro 5d, Yamaha S70xs, QSC K10s

Looks like the K & M Omega goes to 40". It even comes in red!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'm 6' and play standing as well, currently with a K&M 18880. I have it at the max height and I feel it's still just a tad too short. I just ordered an On Stage KS7150 to try. It goes to 43" high, which should be more than enough, and it's only $60 on Amazon.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/11650/116975

"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit."

Thanks everybody for your comments. The reason I started the thread is that everything I looked at either was wider than the Nord 61 and couldn't be shortened (K&M Omega) or wouldn't go high enough (18880, Z stand). I have a table stand like the Quik-Lok but it's flimsy and not well made. There are several makers of this type of stand and some of them say they are much better made, with locking leg height and other features that my old stand doesn't have. But I read the reviews of each of them on Amazon and there's always someone saying that they're crappy or unstable or something. I'll consider all your suggestions and look closer at all my options.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Archived