Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha, Suzuki...

DulceLabs.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's nice the the box is labeled "Pro Keyboard", as I otherwise might have been fooled by the mini-keys into thinking it's an entry-level consumer product.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Or you could get a Hog ... :rawk:

http://pianosxxi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/HarleyDavidsonPiano_SideClose.jpg

Can you get straight pipes for it? And more importantly, do the keys rattle off if you play it too loud? :laugh:

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

It's nice the the box is labeled "Pro Keyboard", as I otherwise might have been fooled by the mini-keys into thinking it's an entry-level consumer product.

Come on. It's got a "spin disc" for scratching and such. It's clearly a pro keyboard. SMH.

Yamaha isn't a motorcycle maker. They are a musical instrument maker that makes motorcycles.

Those Kawasaki keys have been around for eons. I wonder if they really have any connection to KHI? The trademark appears correct.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Those Kawasaki keys have been around for eons. I wonder if they really have any connection to KHI? The trademark appears correct.

I had no idea these have been around for so ling. I saw this one at a Cracker Barrel gift store of all places.

After some research, I'm not sure if it's "the" Kawasaki that makes these or some spin-off of something with Japanese musician & composer Ryo Kawasaki. :idk

Anywho, this is a lot of fun for $30. I love to experiment with these things - running them into a chain of FX is really cool.

Yamaha isn't a motorcycle maker. They are a musical instrument maker that makes motorcycles.

And the Suzuki Musical Instrument Corporation (founded by Manji Suzuki in 1953) isn't connected to the Suzuki Motor Corporation (founded by Michio Suzuki in 1909) ... same name, different company.

Actually, Wes, you are close. Yamaha makes products for leisure. The make jet skis, motorcycles, home stereo equipment, pro audio gear, snowmobiles, boats, keyboards, anything that doesn't have to do anything with work. :2thu::cheers:

:nopity:

Yamaha makes products for leisure. The make jet skis, motorcycles, home stereo equipment, pro audio gear, snowmobiles, boats, keyboards, anything that doesn't have to do anything with work.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but it's ironic you state that on a forum that has a lot of pro musicians.

And the Suzuki Musical Instrument Corporation (founded by Manji Suzuki in 1953) isn't connected to the Suzuki Motor Corporation (founded by Michio Suzuki in 1909) ... same name, different company.

Interesting that this 'fact' has been posted here on many occasions but many continue to prefer to persist with the 'truth' that Hammond Suzuki is a motor cycle company that purchased the Hammond IP and name from - warning another inconvenient alternative 'fact' comes next - Australian company.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Yep, from Noel Crabbe. What I've always wanted to know is: exactly what IP did they buy?

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

What about Hyundai pianos? Are they a subsidiary of the car company?

Interesting that this 'fact' has been posted here on many occasions but many continue to prefer to persist with the 'truth' that Hammond Suzuki is a motor cycle company that purchased the Hammond IP and name from - warning another inconvenient alternative 'fact' comes next - Australian company.

Yamaha makes products for leisure. The make jet skis, motorcycles, home stereo equipment, pro audio gear, snowmobiles, boats, keyboards, anything that doesn't have to do anything with work.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but it's ironic you state that on a forum that has a lot of pro musicians.

I hear you Scott. I was generalizing. There are also people who race professionally on Yamaha motorcycles for a living. I hope everyone understands the point I was trying to make.

:nopity:

I hear you Scott. I was generalizing. There are also people who race professionally on Yamaha motorcycles for a living. I hope everyone understands the point I was trying to make.

I totally do, which is why I said I wasn't disagreeing. With the amount of pros here, this forum is somewhat unique in the Websphere. Most groups / forums are largely made up of hobbyists / home studio people.

I learn more from this group than all the others combined, esp. in the area of live sound reinforcement.

Now, I take Amazon ratings and reviews with a grain of salt at times.. but...

1.0 out of 5 starsDisappointed

ByLlace Sarabeteon January 14, 2017

Verified Purchase

This was really not worth the money. The volume is low and it's not easy to figure out how it works because there was no instruction booklet. There was dust on it when I received it as if though it had been sitting for a while. I have to say this order left me disappointed.

1 Star

ByFalkenon December 14, 2015

Verified Purchase

Put batteries in it and turned it on... except that it didn't.

1 Star - Not a good choice

Byjameson January 27, 2016

Verified Purchase

Batteries that came with it were dead, change them with brand new ones, wrapped it since it was a Christmas present and when the kid unwrap it they had to be change again. The on/off button was useless.

1.0 out of 5 starsDidn't work

Bymmsolutionson February 18, 2016

Verified Purchase

Didn't work even with new batteries. Sent it back for return.

1 star DO NOT BUY

ByStephanie Morrison January 19, 2016

Verified Purchase

HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY! I had to return it because it did not work.

the pro motorcycles are better, yes? ;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Now, I take Amazon ratings and reviews with a grain of salt at times.. but...

1.0 out of 5 starsDisappointed

ByLlace Sarabeteon January 14, 2017

Verified Purchase

This was really not worth the money. The volume is low and it's not easy to figure out how it works because there was no instruction booklet. There was dust on it when I received it as if though it had been sitting for a while. I have to say this order left me disappointed.

1 Star

ByFalkenon December 14, 2015

Verified Purchase

Put batteries in it and turned it on... except that it didn't.

1 Star - Not a good choice

Byjameson January 27, 2016

Verified Purchase

Batteries that came with it were dead, change them with brand new ones, wrapped it since it was a Christmas present and when the kid unwrap it they had to be change again. The on/off button was useless.

1.0 out of 5 starsDidn't work

Bymmsolutionson February 18, 2016

Verified Purchase

Didn't work even with new batteries. Sent it back for return.

1 star DO NOT BUY

ByStephanie Morrison January 19, 2016

Verified Purchase

HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY! I had to return it because it did not work.

the pro motorcycles are better, yes? ;)

I have a feeling these reviews are 100% spot-on. Mine works fine, but the on/off switch is busted -- it doesn't turn off. I guess if I want a pro keyboard for $30 I need to wait for Uli to make one.

Yep, from Noel Crabbe. What I've always wanted to know is: exactly what IP did they buy?

"In 1977 The Marmon Group, Inc., owned by the Pritzker family of Chicago, acquired the Hammond Corporation, and the Hammond Organ Company became a division of The Marmon Group. In 1986 The Marmon Group sold the Hammond Organ Company to Hammond Organ Australia, Pty Ltd, then owned by Noel Crabbe of Australia, and manufacturing of Hammond organs was discontinued in Chicago. Tentative plans called for the manufacturing of Hammond organs in Japan."

Hammond Organ Company Records, 1928-1985

"Marmon Group Inc. said Friday it has sold the name and all world patents and trademarks of Hammond Organ Co. to Hammond Organ Australia Pty. Ltd."

"Hammond Sold Down Under"; Chicago Tribune, January 4, 1986

"The original Hammond Organ Company went out of business in 1985. It is rumored that the company was sold to Hammond Suzuki, the company which is currently manufacturing keyboard organs and instruments under the Hammond name. That is not exactly the case. The only items sold by the original Hammond Organ Company were the 'Hammond' name and the rights and patents which belonged to them. The name 'Hammond' was sold to one of their international distributors, Mr. Noel Crabbe, located in Australia. There were no assets involved in the sale. Mr. Crabbe sold the name to Suzuki Corporation. Hammond Organ Suzuki USA is currently manufacturing Hammond Organ Products and Leslie Products."

Organ Service Company Inc - FAQ

What about Hyundai pianos? Are they a subsidiary of the car company?

No, the Hyundai Group was split up about 20 years ago. That's why you don't get Kia's 7 year warranty on a Kurzweil.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived