Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Do you put voices to posters?

Gary75

Let's not confuse this with 'do you hear voices', the answer is no, and he says the same.

I read posts, and there are certain people I think, he sounds like this, or his personality comes across as this voice.

The reason I ask is often I'll read posts and think it sounds a bit angry, pretentious, just by text alone. But actually if I re-read them, take way the angry voice and replace it with the voice of say Richard Simmons, it comes across as completely different.

So do you put voices to text?....please say yes or you'll make me question what little sanity I have left.

Obviously if you have met/heard individuals, they don't count.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't, personally, but I'm guessing that people hear me as some crotchety, angry motherf*cker hurling condemnations from my ivory tower, based on their reactions.

The truth is, as those forumites who have met me will hopefully attest, I'm a sarcastic sonofabitch but a very friendly one, and I can only think of one time I ever posted anything in anger in the many many years I've been a member here.

Of course, if this wasn't inspired by some of my recent posts, then I blame the voice in my head that said it was. ;):P

Some of us create 'voices' for those we know online, but haven't yet met in person; I'm one of those. Sometimes those turn out to be accurate, other times hilariously off base. Sven and I have yet to meet in person - though there's an outstanding offer to lift a brew or two together next time I up that way. So based on a couple of email exchanges, I'm almost certain the 'sarcastic, but very friendly' assessment is accurate :).

Meanwhile, I'm guessing people hear me as a cross between Frasier and a squirrel scrambling around the middle of the highway - especially during some of my horse trading episodes, which have been epic :blush:.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

In my head, everybody in here sounds like George Costanza. Except if I'm in a crappy mood and somebody's doing a lot of bitching, then they sound like the Soup Nazi. Sometimes it's Uncle Leo.

"I saw you in the bookstore the other day."

"And you didn't say hello?"

"You were too busy stealing a book."

"Well you still say hello!!!"

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

I like to put faces to the people that are posting. When I started here, if people mentioned personal web pages I would check it out so I could put names and faces to the forum nicknames, but it's been a while. I've never thought about actual voices as I'm reading, but miss not being able to put a person behind the words.

I regret not having met a few of the forumites when I was living in the U.S. in the early 00's (Did meet one here in Brazil several years back). I enjoy these types of interactions (Brazilian are overly social beings and have a problem interacting with people only by email/web/phone :wave:) and my experience in online forums is richer when I can put a person behind the posts.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I was hoping someone would say that they created or used software specifically to translate the text of each forumite into a distinctive computer-generated voice-simulation.

Now that's funny. I actually use text-to-speech in some songs. This one is really good. Even does an English accent and other languages.

https://www.naturalreaders.com/

G'day mates,

I will admit to reading posts in imagined "accents", using the forumite's location as a guide.

:laugh::like:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

G'day mates,

I will admit to reading posts in imagined "accents", using the forumite's location as a guide.

:laugh::like:

How's it goin' eh?

I do that sometimes Brits, Scots, Flight of The Concords, southern drawls...

Here for the gear.

Everybody who posts here sounds like Donald Duck to me. It's freakin' hilarious.

Except for Theo. Theo sounds like Rick Moranis.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived