Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Remember make a sound

Theo Verelst

I've made a Linux audio processing setup containing the parts to enhance a PC3 sounds that are enhanced like I've reported a while ago, but with a lot of the compensation effects I'd made for us internal in the PC3 gone, just one AUX-2 override effect with (specific and accurately set) phaser and limiter units. The Linux processing does a really) little speaker distortion compensation (for big speakers mainly) trick, a single tube notch effect (from the horrible 3 band one I'd tried out works for some music sources and use in my re-mix setup), a Lexicon effect chain for improving binorals in the reverb and sample reconstruction preparation (not explained here), and there's a parallel chain for a part of the signal that does an alternative attempt to add digital filter components tuned in ratio with the Equal Loudness Curves. This is another version and works as post-processing with my more extensive multi-machine remix attempts to make all the good A grade recordings (even from CD) sound more "inside" then thus far. Also, this particular setup has another then usual signal path to include a very slow and special version of the mid-averaging effect I've mentioned a couple of times.

Anyhow, combined with a nice example (or "me showing of" but not much by entering my real playing abilities) of my latest working CP4 single layer (all effects) piano sound (recorded straight in 192kHz/24bit, i/e/ not processed), here are some examples of what this processing can achieve:

kurzrom_post2_cp4acou2.mp3 stereo mp3, 256 kilobit/s, 7:37

Recorded from the overall digital output that went into a up-sample filter to a 384 Samples/s ultra stable and very accurate DAC (in sort of "slow" (IIRC 256 long hard windowed sinc approximation) reconstruction mode) into the preamp of my 5 way monitoring.

No midi or recording or editing used, everything "live" processed and played and recorded. CP$ and PC3(standard-76) played on their own respective keyboards.

Theo V.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived