Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

D6 keydip query

Gary75

I have had my Clavinet quite a few years and it has had a shallow key dip. I eventually tonight got round to what I thought was a simple adjustment of the height of the nuts on the mounting bolts, but was unable to achieve the key dip even with the bolts loosened high up the bolts. Anyway I took the key frame off just now to check if I could achieve 3/8" without any involvement from anything else. I can't actually do it so that must point to the key bushes. I replaced them I think when I got it and I'm just wondering if I put them on incorrectly as in the bushes are the wrong way, vertical instead of horizontal?

Before I start pulling keys off I was wondering if any of you guys had an idea? I have done a video.

[video:youtube]U238kiKsHvI

Ok so I see they can only be put on one way onto the key tab

IMG_1178.jpg

Well I can definitely get the 3/8" now with the key bush off. I'm wondering if they are just too fat. I can't remember where I got them from, Clavinet.com or Vintage Vibe.

Hmmm, I'll take a look at some others to see if their is any design differences

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the key frame out, my key dip is 8mm/0.314"

That makes it 1.5mm less than the standard 3/8"

8mm is my total throw distance. Taking into account I need to reach the strings before the end of the stroke depth, I'm probably looking at a key dip of around 6mm/1/4".

Vintage Vibe mention achieving 3/8", I'm no where near. I seem to remember my E7 having more though. If you get a chance to measure your dip I'd appreciate it.

My throw distance as you can see below is limited by the travel between the key bush and the metal shroud it sits in

[video:youtube]MpTgyriVh7Y

Fitting the keyframe back in im getting 8mm all across the keyboard, and no strike issues

That's not 9.5mm/3/8" but I'll not argue over 1.5mm

Noticing some oxidation on some of the strings, I'm presuming they are original.

Also I have just found out there is supposed to be s 2-3mm spacer underneath the back plate of the key frame. That was missing so essentially it was bowing in the middle without it. Some paper shims have sorted that now. Feels much more connecting underneath the fingers now.

Archived