Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A lighthearted follow up

J. Dan

My last OT was more serious about selling my mom's house that I grew up in. But in the course of cleaning it out, I took home the VCR - I haven't owned one in years. Dug out a videotape I had held onto of my first band playing a bar that used to be popular and is no longer around, it's an early video camera that used VHS tapes, on a tripod in the back of the room - bad quality! But sooooooo much fun. I had entirely forgotten about some of the songs that were new at the time. Oh to be in college when your entire fraternity shows up to all your gigs with girls in tow....those were the days. This was I think maybe '92 best I can guess because I think I was 21 by then and I was born in 71.

Gonna digitize it and I'll post....warts and all, lol!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a similar exerience recently, drummer/band leader in one of my covers bands dug out a video tape of us mucking around in a recording studio doing originals. We had all forgotten this footage existed!

The footage was circa 20 years ago and we all went around to lead vocalist's house to watch it. Hilarious for so many reasons. My main observation was that our gear was way less expensive and we were all about 10kg lighter!

Watching VHS tapes of old bands and performances gives me the strangest mix of emotions. Things have changed so much since then, I think shit when did I start getting old? Then I think, heh - we sounded pretty good. Or, Wow - I used to do that shit effortlessly. When did I stop hanging out with these people that I used to work every weekend with? I should really give them a call - yeah right, I don't have time to get together with them anyway, who am I kidding... when did I become a sell out? Was I just a poser all along LOL.

stuff like that.

Nah, I'm happy I'm into next stage in some ways. It's exhausting always trying to figure out how you're going to get laid next. ;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I can't wait to see this stuff.

:snax:

There's a short teaser on Facebook - just cell phone video of the TV

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived