Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your choice for 4-octave polysynth and why?

WillNeverPost

Which 4-Octave Polysynth Would You Choose?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Which 4-Octave Polysynth Would You Choose?

I chose the System 8.

I have a System 1, and I love what it sounds like and all of the controls. The System 8 has more of all that stuff! (I feel it's overpriced though)

However, I will definitely try the Behringer when it's released. I hope to be blown away by it...

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I picked the JD-XA, because that's what I ended up buying this summer. There's a wealth of modeled synth tones available, with gobs of polyphony. Yet if I want real analog, there's a four voice engine available. And of course both engines can be combined.. The analog filter options are great. From a pretty in-depth and highly 'techie' youtube video I caught earlier in the year, I understand that filter #3 is based on the state-variable OB filter design. When stripped down to basics, in the video, it sounded quite close.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I have the OBX and OBSX, and a FVS and DS2a that I am getting ready to restore after I finish restoring a Memorymoog for a friend. And I have a MIDI retrofit for the FVS.

Hey Michael - Any chance you could do me a favor and measure the current draw on the Memorymoog +5V RAW supply coming off the power supply? I'm most interested when all the LEDs and the display are lit up.

And that the Sledge is the color of a banana. :laugh:

But it has a lot of a-peel. :w00t:

http://www.heavymetal.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/diana-rigg-emma-peel-10.jpg

:love::cheers:

HAPPY SATURDAY NIGHT! :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I have to chime in... "Other". No one has mentioned the Dave Smith Mopho x4. I own one, it rocks. The Kronos AL-1 is more feature laden but it cannot quite reach the high water mark of sounds that the Mopho can. No effects on the Mopho so I route through the K.
Korg Kronos 2 61, Kronos 1 61, Dave Smith Mopho x4, 1954 Hammond C2, Wurlitzer 200A, Yamaha Motif 6, Casio CDP-100, Alesis Vortex Wireless, too much PA gear!

None of the above. I would go with a Prophet-6.

Ditto.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Archived