Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Multitimbral keyboard with drawbar and piano sounds.

theGman

Is there one really good one of these available now, or should I wait for the new Mojo?

I might have posted something like this back a number of years, but wanted to be updated. Thanks in advance!

Paul

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've only given 2 criteria, so I'm waiting to see all your replies where you reject suggestions because of all the information you haven't posted in your 2-sentence thread, but I'll bite ;) :

Roland VR09

Kurzweil PC3 series, Artis, and Forte

Nord Electro 5D or 4D corrected, thanks Scott.

Anyone else want to play? :rawk:

The Crumar 2 manual controller thingy that isn't a Mojo looks cool. I think they call the brains the Gemini.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Roland VR09

Kurzweil PC3 series, Artis, and Forte

Nord Electro 5D or 4D

Anyone else want to play? :rawk:

E4D is not multitimbral

Not sure if OP wants actual drawbars or merely drawbar sounds. If the former, Kurzweils don't actually have drawbars (or drawfaders), but if actual drawbars aesthetics/ergonomics are not necessary, they pass, along with Kronos, Casio XW-P1, and probably Kawai MP7 and other Nords (other E5 and Stage models), and without the same kind of real-time access, maybe even Roland FA or Jupiter 50/80.

But with drawbars of a sort:

Roland VR09 (and VR700 if you can still find one)

Nord Electro 5D

Mojo

Hammond SK1/2

But yeah, more info would be better. Type of action? Budget? Size/weight considerations?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived