Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spacestation SS V3 Rattle Resolved

Bif_

Purchased a Spacestation from a fellow forum member months back. Have not used it much but made the purchase to finally have a means of portable self-amplification.

Shortly after purchasing I noticed a buzz/rattle from the front speaker at loud volumes. I knew something was not right but procrastinated digging into it. Saw several posts here from others with various issues that were pretty easily resolved.

I have a wedding for a family member in a few weeks and figured I didn't want to endure that noise so I finally removed the front speaker tonight to try to figure it out. I was relatively convinced it was a problem with that speaker.

Hoping to see what others had described as easy solutions, I was quite pleased to quickly notice that the midrange driver that is screwed to the back of the front speaker was quite loose. I was easily able to hand tighten that driver back in place and reassemble. Total time for the fix was about 10 minutes.

I wasn't able to push the SSV3 as it was late and I didn't want to risk irritating my neighbors, but I'm reasonably sure this will fix the issue. I'll jam on it harder tomorrow after work to confirm.

I thought it worthwhile to pass this on to others here as it could happen to them.

Great build quality. Cool amplifier.

Greg

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard this is a pretty cool amp. I'm glad someone finally started a thread about it.

Funny. ;)

I debated adding this to the epic SSV3 thread but thought it more useful (and searchable) as a separate topic given the context.

Hi Greg, many thanks for posting this.

I have seen this "loose Coax Driver issue" occasionally myself, it is irritating! FYI, upon first discovering this issue I had advised the factory to pay closer attention to making sure this USA made Eminence APT mid range driver is screwed hard into the USA custom made CX2008 woofer inlet port.

I can also tell you that it is faster and easier to do the "tighten up" from the back side of the cabinet, by removing the 8 screws holding the chassis. It is really easy access from there to just turn the coax driver to the right and snug it up.

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

Aspen - how many units of this amazing machine are out in the market by now? (understand if you don't want to publish, but I was curious ... :))
The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

I've heard this is a pretty cool amp. I'm glad someone finally started a thread about it.

you should have mentioned this. uncharacteristic oversight, MOI ... lets tighten it up, eh?

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Update....

BAZINGA!!This solved my problem.

I was able to crank the SS V3 up and discovered how loud it can get. It wasn't harsh and the bass response seemed to improve with higher volume level.

I'm really pleased now with this purchase and happy it was an easy fix.

Back to your normal programming.

Archived