Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

quick question on xk1c (needed for tonight's gig!)

cedar

I just took out my Hammond xk1c for first time in about 5 months for a gig tonight, and can't believe that I am forgetting how to do the most basic thing:

I just can't get the damn thing to play the lower manual drawbar settings.

In other words, I select "lower", move the drawbars around, can see the settings change on the display, but the sound does not change. It seems that the entire manual is playing only the upper manual drawbar settings. This happens regardless of whether split is selected.

Maybe I previously fooled with the zone settings somehow and forgot? More likely, I'm missing something obvious.

Ordinarily, I'd be too embarrassed to pose this question here, but I do have a gig in a few hours and I'd really like to be able to play two sounds at once.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The keys always play the upper manual sound, unless you turn split on. You can also hear the lower drawbars from an external keyboard inputting midi channel 2.

Are you sure the split sound is not affected by lower db settings?

Moe

---

And I am sure this is occurring below the split point. I am pushing all drawbars in all the way, with split on, and no change in the lower registers at all, even though the display shows the changes.

My best guess is that I disabled the split many months ago, perhaps when fiddling with MIDI settings. My inability to deal with that stuff is partly what led me to get a Mojo. But still have the occasional need - like tonight - for just the single manual.

Archived