Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Latching and no latching foootswitch on one keyboard HELP!!

EscapeRocks

On my MOXF6, I am trying to use a Latching (BOSS FS 5L) and a non latching (typical sustain).

I know the 5L works by itself, as I've been using it for years, plugged into the Sustain jack.

I now want to add a regular sustain pedal to the mix, mostly to be used with Korg Module to trigger organ rotary speed.

Again, I can get my Yamaha FC 4 to work by itself.

What I have tried so far:

The MOXF has a Sustain jack, and a Footswitch jack than can have it function assigned.

I go into the menu and assign it to CC#64 [sustain].

By itself, either of my pedals work when plugged in to the FW jack, as they do in the sustain jack.

However, when both pedals are plugged in (Sustain and FW jacks)

neither work.

Anyone see anything I'm missing?

I did read one person who said to make a cable and wire the two sustain pedal in series, and use the one sustain jack

Not sure of the wiring diagram to wire in series.

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chances are you're canceling out the function of 1 pedal input with the other since they're both using cc64. I believe what you want is not really wiring the pedals in series but more of an "or" configuration such that enabling either pedal will provide sustain. You would have to ensure the latching one is us latched in order for the other one to work. Doesn't seem ideal.

thank you for the feedback.

Yeah I can send sustain from my FA08 but then I get into some complicated MIDI setups based on how my rig is set for the gig.

The description I read about wiring the pedals in series was specifically for Yamaha, since the MOX is Normally Closed, and by wiring series as compared to getting a mono "y" cable prevents the cancelling out.

I have enough do-dads around here I'm going to experiment and see what kind of Frankenstein I come up with. NO gigs this weekend and I'm bored :)

David

What I have determined is that I have been suffering from Moronicus Davidicus. (David's a Moron.)

I forgot one of the settings in the MOXF utility menu for the type of sustain pedal (FC3) I have assigned to the foot switch.

Now my Latching FS-5L works on the sustain jack to hold notes on the MOXF, and the FC3 switches rotary on the Korg Module organ, and sustain notes on other Module tones.

DUh...

I need to start drinking.....and stop over thinking

:hitt:

David

Good on you - and btw that took no time at all. At least you didn't spend the weekend soldering up different configurations, all the while banging your head against the wall.

As my advisor Heinz often reminded throughout my Memorymoog refurb, we all have to suffer through this when troubleshooting problems and it's those dumbest of mistakes we learn the most from.

Archived