Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: X-Air XR Edit APP for iPhone available

EscapeRocks

Hey all,

For those who may be using one of the XR mixers for their keys, the new third party APP for iOS is good. "X AIR FMP"

I have found it useful when I might need to grab a fader at a gig, and don't have my Macbook along.

I like it a lot better than dragging my iPad along as well.

My mixer, the XR-12, is setup well ahead of time at home via the standard X-32 edit app on my laptop. I just use the APP for fine adjustments if needed, which is rare.

Here's a screen shot.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/escaperocks1/fmp.jpg_zpsnig5tnqd.png

Easy thumb scroll left and right to get to channel you want. Also, the bottom menu scrolls left and right to change the page for what you're looking at. MAIN, Bus, Effects, etc..

Just an FYI for fellow X-Air users.

Also, a caveat, if you use an X-AIR in your rig, you might want to turn off the wifi at the gig, or at least secure it..

I was at a gig the other day, and someone's X-AIR came up on my phone's WIFI list. Unsecured. I could have connected and really messed with him during the show ;)

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at a gig the other day, and someone's X-AIR came up on my phone's WIFI list. Unsecured. I could have connected and really messed with him during the show ;)

And you didn't???!!!??

:cop::wacko::hitt:

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

:facepalm:

First. World. Problems. :freak:

:2thu:

Let me rephrase....

when I am using my iPad as a sound source (Korg Module, Galileo Organ), it is actually a pain to switch to the X-Air app mid song, etc... to make an on-the-fly adjustment.

My iPhone always sits on my FA08 above the wheels, so it's just easier to have this new APP up and ready.

David

And you didn't???!!!??

:cop::wacko::hitt:

Well...despite my ornery side, you know we keyboardists have a hard enough time at gigs being heard. I guess I could have pushed his premix way up, but then I'm sure FOH would simply pull all his faders ;)

David

:facepalm:

First. World. Problems. :freak:

:2thu:

Let me rephrase....

when I am using my iPad as a sound source (Korg Module, Galileo Organ), it is actually a pain to switch to the X-Air app mid song, etc... to make an on-the-fly adjustment.

My iPhone always sits on my FA08 above the wheels, so it's just easier to have this new APP up and ready.

Ahhhh, well that's a WHOLE 'nuther thang... ;)

(and, if I'm honest, something we have in common... so this app will be useful for me as well for the exact same reasons, although I'm using MIDIflow and a few other apps on the iPad :2thu:)

Archived