Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mic Clamp for Wurli

Gary75

I want to clamp an SM57 on the side of my Wurli but am unable to find a clamp with enough adjustment. Wondering if any of you guys know of a standless solution. Koenig Mayer do table clamps but they are only upto 48mm wide. The ends of the 200 are just under 100mm.

Any clamp ideas?!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your Wurli is pristine don't even consider it. If it's a battered wreck remember the ends taper and any clamp is eventually going to vibrate loose.

If yours is a battered Wurli, consider (carefully) drilling and screwing the underside and fabricating and fixing a custom bracket. If you're not happy with that I'd leave well alone.

I wonder if I could clip on to a front leg then have a gooseneck up to the speaker, hmmm. I'm looking at quick setup for a mic without any stand needed. The SM57 I have isn't heavy, so it's possible a clip and flexible gooseneck might work.

I want to hit some bars and open mic nights with a friend and my Wurli is the most compact board I have. Kronos is too big and too much!

I had the same problem with Leslie micing, not wanting to use stands as it warrants another visit to the car.

Archived