Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PX-5S key broken out of new box?!?

Darcity

So I get my new PX-5S today. Woohoo! Open the box, take the tape off the keys, set it on my stand and one of the keys DROP(broken)?!?!? Anyone had this happen before? The store was very helpful and will send me another unit but I gotta wait until next week as they don't ship on weekends.

Anyone had this happen before? I've heard too many times that this is a great board but Is this a sign?! #pissed.

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A loooooot of people around here own that PX-5S. First I've heard of this specifically. Although their action is jiggly and guys say you can't tilt it on your stand beyond a certain degree and expect it to work like it does flat. A think one dude over at PianoWorld mentioned a defect or shipping damage issue on his newly arrived PX-560. Other than that, no this doesn't seem to be common and your dealer is doing the right thing. I know, RA#s suck and shipping back and having to wait to releave your GAS. Try some Yoga. New board is on its way!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

As mentioned over on the Casio forums, I've never seen anything like this with our action. I'll be reaching out to your dealer to get that unit back to take a look at it. Really sorry to hear about this.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

If man can build it, UPS can break it.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Hang in there man. This kind of thing is very frustrating. It's very rare with Casio - their quality rate is quite good. Of course that doesn't make your own situation less crappy. But I think it's helpful to know that this is a statistical rarity, not part of a larger pattern. And you're in good hands with Casio and with Mike Martin.

Sometimes the best measure of a company, whether it's a restaurant, car dealership or keyboard manufacturer, is how they deal with and remedy problems.

As someone who's worked on both sides (as a customer and as a representative for a keyboard manufacturer) I can vouch 100% for these guys. Check back with us in a week or two... if you have not been sorted out in a satisfactory manner I will eat a bug. :)

if you have not been sorted out in a satisfactory manner I will eat a bug. :)

I have been waiting for years to send Dave a bug, on the one day he would say that and be wrong, and not a chocolate cover ant either, but maybe some fried grub worms, or mexican candy with the worm in it.

But alas, none have ever needed to be sent.

Eventually I probably will just have to send him a bottle of tequila with the worm in it so I can say I made Dave eat a bug once.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Now this is love!! Lol. Mike Martin IMMEDIATELY inboxed me when I posted this on the Casio Forum! When a rep moves that fast, that's a great reassurance of outstanding customer service! Yeah it's a bummer but someone has to be the 1 in a million! Lol. I will just have to wait a few more days to experience the joy that so many of you have. I'm even contemplating removing this post as to not tarnish the record of such a great product! Again, thanks everyone...ESPECIALLY you Mike for the effort of trying to help me get a new unit even faster!!
Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

So I get my new PX-5S today. Woohoo! Open the box, take the tape off the keys, set it on my stand and one of the keys DROP(broken)?!?!? Anyone had this happen before?

Not with Casio, but my first Triton had a broken/loose key. I had driven over an hour to "test drive" keyboards back in 2000 at Medley Music in Bryn Mawr, PA. You can imagine how annoying it was to get back home, unbox the Triton and... :mad:

Medley shipped a replacement immediately, but it's the first time I'd experienced this type of problem.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

If man can build it, UPS can break it.

:thu:

Something has changed in my area. UPS used to be very good. In the past 12 months I've received more damaged packages from UPS than ever before. At least 20 percent of my packages have accordion corners, holes punched through the box, or are flat out crushed. Two months ago I received a zero gravity chair from Amazon and it looked like the box had been both crushed and ripped open. UPS used a roll of packing tape to piece the box back together left it on my porch. Of course the chair was heavily damaged. Amazon sent a replacement and when it arrived there was a hold punctured through the box and through the replacement chair. Amazon sent a replacement again and when it arrived the box was warped and the chair broken. I finally gave up.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived