Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bose L1

rickzjamm

I recently played my DP (Forte) through a couple of Bose L1's at a local church and it was horrible. The tone for strings, organ, AP's & EPs was thin and so brittle - yuck... have any you had any luck with these? Just curious.

Thanks

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it a current model or one of the originals. Were you plugged into the ToneMatch mixer, or direct? I use an L1 Compact, which I like quite a bit. I've used it as a monitor (without the extension) and as a stage sound source for smaller gigs. Works well for me.

ABECK,

I believe it was the Bose L1 Compact & it did not have the ToneMatch mixer. I've heard the mixer makes a huge difference in the quality of the sound.

Are you satisfied with the APs & EPs & which DP do you use? Do you play LH bass on it?

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

I've got a pair of the Model IIs, one with two original subs and the other with the new sub with two 10". I've played direct into them and through the Bose mixer, I don't hear much difference in sound since I don't use the Bose effects for keyboards. However, the mixer will enable you to boost base in the new sub. I'm totally happy with it in an act with vocals, acoustic guitar (electric played through guitar amp), drums and me playing a Nord Stage with LH bass. It seems the majority of comments about Bose (and Nord) on this forum tend to be negative. After many years of different amps, speakers and keyboards this is my favorite setup. The Bose IIs are light weight, compact, excellent sound quality at low to mid volumes. If price is an issue or you expect to be doing big rooms, get something else.

Archived