Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Lonnie Mack

HSS

2016 has claimed another one. They seem to be moving on at alarming rate or maybe I'm just getting old. I had the pleasure of seeing Lonnie Mack at a show in 1983 playing his Flying V like a bat out of hell.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExRdQtqHyac

What a pleasant memory. All about the groove, Rest in Peace Mr Mack.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Good timing with the above music post.

FYI..... "Memphis" was the first record I ever bought. I just had to have it.... I loved it! I was just a little kid. Then I got " Green Onions" and Les Paul's "Little Rock Getaway" which was the theme song of a local cartoon show. I had good taste at a young age apparently.

Listen to Memphis if you don't know it and you might love it too. Particularly the just before and during the "IV" chord in the second solo chorus.

Another burner during this period besides Lonnie's "Wham" ( covered by SRV of course) was his version of "Turn on your love light".One of the best working bands in the U.s during the early 60's-IMHO.

In a way, a bigger loss to me than the one previously in this week. This music inspired me to play, no doubt.

Archived