Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First gig in over a year!

EddiePlaysBass

Hi guys,

Played my first gig since I quit the Dutch pop collective somewhere a year or more ago! Yesterday, of all days - I told the band if it sucks too hard they can always say it was an April fool's joke :)

The gig took place in a tent with 500 peeps capacity, and had 2 bands and a DJ. The idea was retro / back to the 90's. In the same location there is a second tent with a 4,000 peeps capacity, which will host a more current dance party tonight. I'm not attending :)

The opening act was (aptly) called Road To Nowhere. Young guys, very inexperienced and it showed. They played to a mainly empty tent which probably made them more nervous :)

Points for trying though, and they had an interesting sound so I told them that afterwards. I always like it when people say something good after a show and whilst there's a lot of work to be done by that band, I figured I'd be the one to offer a compliment.

We started with about 8 or 10 acoustic songs (well, on the acoustic guitar) and things went well! The tent had filled out nicely - I estimate there were around 400 people there. Good sound on stage - bit loud! I played well, made some mistakes here and there but hey, I had 5 rehearsals with this band beforehand :)

Drummer and I clicked very well. Guitarist made a good deal of mistakes but I think he always does. The crowd loved most of the set and danced and sang along. I got complimented on both my playing AND the fact that I was smiling the entire gig. My girlfriend calls it my "showbizz smile" :)

All in all, it felt SO good to be back on stage!! I think this band could work out for me ...

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.nicolasfradet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/fake_smile.jpg

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I hope it at least lasts for a while :) I would not mind "being part of something" for a few years again. The Dapper Dans took 7 years of my life, Dusty Dollar only lasted about 2 ...

Here's two pictures, if this works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s14ddnkitwtdwfh/005.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kanq45pd9zkbave/009.jpg?dl=0

[edit]One cool thing: as a kid, in high school etc I was a bit of a grey mouse. Didn't get picked on but I was not part of the "in crowd" either. This gig, I saw several people from those school days (who WERE part of said crowd) and apparently they were going: "Hey I went to school with that guy!" when they saw me on stage :)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived