Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Messe rumors and news?

Tobias Åslund

So - MusikMesse 2016 starts in one week, but still little talk of rumors, whishes and new products here.

So far the only "confirmed" rumor I've read is that DLQ will ship the KeyB Legend in april, and will show the finished product at the Messe. But other than that... silence!

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A rumoured Roland sampler gets a mention on Reddit. Not sure if there's any basis for the rumour.

Thats the rumored Drumsampler with ACB technollogy.. which is rumored..

personally, i think Roland will show up with a replacement for their Jupiter 80, indeed combining PCM sampling, super naturall and ACB technollogy... And then there is also something called SHARP... being SuperHumanizedARP's, might as well be part of this...

Hoping Roland takes live sets another step further..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

Back on topic, Messe Rumors..

So far it has been awfully quiet..

There might be a new high end Wersi Instrument at the MusikStore.de stand. Its name has recently been anounced as Pergamon. Current Wersi instruments are fully VST based, and cost a ton.. None of their OAX instruments can be see as portable...

None of their OAX instruments can be see as portable...

Well, depends what you mean by portable. 18 kg/38 lbs is fairly portable to me:

http://wersimusic.com/newproducts/pegasus-wing/

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Anyway - I think it's time for Nord to release the Stage 3, but still no teasers on their web page, so it might not be released at this trade show either...

None of their OAX instruments can be see as portable...

Well, depends what you mean by portable. 18 kg/38 lbs is fairly portable to me:

The wing is not an OaX instrument... oax is the new operation system of the Sonic (which comes in 5 flavors so far, all heavy cabinet organs)

The Wing is based of the old OaS, in that they cut the high end features from oas and put it into an arranger keyboard format..

Anyway - I think it's time for Nord to release the Stage 3, but still no teasers on their web page, so it might not be released at this trade show either...

Atleast 2 more years, the Stage 2EX was only released last year...

Tough, i would love to see a Stage 3 indeed...

With the huge flash of teh Kurzweil series

All the organs of the C2D, including real drawbars

The synth of the lead 4

A bigger screen

Better daw integration..

Hammond XK-4 - updated CV and internal rotary sim, sample sets from the SK line.

Yamaha S90M - based on the Montage. No super knob - just the new super big AWM2 libraries and the FM-X synth in either a familiar UI or simpler one at a gigger's price point.

Nord Stage 2 EX D - with draw bars.

Nord Electro 6D with a synth engine - would be great, but not likely since it would hurt their Stage sales, but maybe not as many don't buy the Stage anyway because they are priced out.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

18 kg/38 lbs is fairly portable to me:

The wing is not an OaX instrument... oax is the new operation system of the Sonic (which comes in 5 flavors so far, all heavy cabinet organs)

The Wing is based of the old OaS, in that they cut the high end features from oas and put it into an arranger keyboard format..

Oh, sorry - my bad! I thought OaX was a typo... :)

Given I've recently bought a C2D, poor fortune must mean that a C3D is on the way... :P
Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

Hammond XK-4 - updated CV and internal rotary sim, sample sets from the SK line.

Yamaha S90M - based on the Montage. No super knob - just the new super big AWM2 libraries and the FM-X synth in either a familiar UI or simpler one at a gigger's price point.

Nord Stage 2 EX D - with draw bars.

Nord Electro 6D with a synth engine - would be great, but not likely since it would hurt their Stage sales, but maybe not as many don't buy the Stage anyway because they are priced out.

Thats a wishlist?

Ketron (Italian organ/arranger-keyboard/dp/accordion-modules previously named Solton) will be showing off something new and spectaculair according to their american representatif AJ on the Synthzone forums...

Quessing: Gemini sound module rack and desktop versions.

Don't take me serious, I'm just playing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: Hammond XK5-system, Nord Stage3 Compact, Crumar Seven, Rhodes Mk2; Hammond M44

With a few wish lists floating around yet very few hints or leaks either the companies keep a very tight lid on the news or it's going to be very uneventful.

Roland was rather quiet at NAMM, so they are bound to have a few interesting things incl. that sampling workstation.

Since the Messe is a European event I would not surprised to see a few new arrangers.

Maybe also new controllers from Nektar, Akai, Kawai?

I wonder what this could be? Dave Smith meets Pioneer DJ

Look like the article was pulled...wonder what it was.

As for Kawai, the company recently announced the CS-X1 collaboration prototype, developed in partnership with Onkyo:

http://www.kawai-global.com/news/kawai-onkyo-cs-x1-musikmesse-2016/

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Holy crap, James. Like has Kawai been reading the pianoforums.com or what? You mean a home DP maker is going to upgrade their amp and speaker systems? Hell just froze over. :thu:

"At the heart of the CS-X1 collaboration prototype is the spectacular sound of the Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano, captured with full 88-key sampling and reproduced using Harmonic Imaging XL piano sound engine. Advanced 1-bit signal processing and premium dual DAC components ensure precise analogue conversion, with Onykos unique DIDRC technology and optimised power amplifiers delivering greater energy, richness, and clarity. This high fidelity Shigeru Kawai sound is channelled onto two real wooden soundboards, allowing the CS-X1 to reproduce the natural warmth and organic richness of an acoustic piano, while a built-in multi-channel Onkyo amplifier and 8-channel external speaker configuration immerses the pianist in a unique virtual concert hall experience."

Can't wait to hear it in person.

Expensive as heck I am sure... how much are we talking about to have these sample sets playing back on a 8 channel system? Were these samples recorded with 8 mics/mixed for playback on 8 speakers?

I would have thought Yamaha would call the S90XS' successor S100? the S90 was the S80's successor, and adopted the ES and XS as it was updated in tandem with its Motif counterpart.

Also, I doubt they'd announce it at the Messe, the Montage is not even available yet. My best guess would be NAMM 2017.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

I would have thought Yamaha would call the S90XS' successor S100? the S90 was the S80's successor, and adopted the ES and XS as it was updated in tandem with its Motif counterpart.

Also, I doubt they'd announce it at the Messe, the Montage is not even available yet. My best guess would be NAMM 2017.

Agreed, so what do you think, Zephonic?. It would be S100M maybe?. Since the S90 had an ES and XS version but no XF. Which they used on an MOXF instead. Maybe the M for its relation to Montage? I doubt it would come for a season or two till Montage sales slowed. Although, if this forum is an indicator - which it's hard to say, we're generally on the older side of 30 here. It seems the Montage is a dud.

Just wishlist.

I wish James, will you be going? Do the shows fall under your duties at Kawai?

Normally, no, as my work is largely unrelated to sales.

However, I have some involvement with the CS-X1 presentation (among other things), so will indeed be attending this year! ;)

Cheers,

James

x

Expensive as heck I am sure...

What 'cha think? 10k? 12?

The CS-X1 is a technology prototype to demonstrate the collaboration between Kawai and Onkyo. While I'm confident that some of the technologies developed will appear in future products, the CS-X1 itself will not be sold.

Cheers,

James

x

ps. Your Simpsons avatar is hilarious. ;)

I wish James, will you be going? Do the shows fall under your duties at Kawai?

Normally, no, as my work does is unrelated to sales.

However, I have some involvement with the CS-X1 presentation (among other things), so will indeed be attending this year! ;)

Cheers,

James

x

Congratulations on this opportunity, James. I hope you are looking forward to the experience, and I wish you safe travels. It really is a very long flight to Germany... to Anaheim, CA as well for that matter. Anyway, get out and try some German beer and food if you can. Enjoy!

Expensive as heck I am sure...

What 'cha think? 10k? 12?

The CS-X1 is a technology prototype to demonstrate the collaboration between Kawai and Onkyo. While I'm confident that some of the technologies developed will appear in future products, the CS-X1 itself will not be sold.

Cheers,

James

x

ps. Your Simpsons avatar is hilarious. ;)

Won't be sold? Oh - so you are *giving* it away!! First come, first serve, right? PM'd you my shipping address! :D:D:D

ps. My avatar *would* be funny if it didn't so accurately tell the story of my life. :facepalm:

When I connect my onkyo amplifier to my MP7 I can do that collaboration right now. :)

It wouldn't be rocket science just to fit good HiFi components into any digital piano. That could just be done for a small extra.

I am very interested if the HiFi sound amplification and speakers will improve on the sampled piano sound.

The tests I have made in 2014 with my MP7 connected to Abacus A-Box 10 and Onkyo A-9555 + vintage Grundig Box M800 did not convice me.

Archived