Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: No more touring for Rush

jcadmus

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alex-lifeson-rush-end-of-touring/

My guess is they'll move to a residency model -- playing a certain number of dates at venues and times of their choice. Like Billy Joel is doing at Madison Square Garden and other bands do in Vegas.

Let the fans come to them.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen them twice - including this last tour. I'm good. I loved the way they did the reverse time thing though. Great way to go out. I'm guessing we'll hear from them in some form or another, as a group or solo, in the future.

I'd heard about this a while ago. Forget where.

I'm sort of in Jeremy's boat -- can't remember the last time I went to a stadium/large arena show.

Did see Rush in the past, though. Was great.

There have been rumors for awhile now, along with a published comment from Neil last year that he was done, which was eventually walked back. But I don't think anyone is super surprised by this.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

It was pretty clear that the R40 tour was going to be their last.

Like many have said, they will probably still record and maybe do limited live appearances. We will see.

I saw them several times in the 90's but had not been since then for various reasons. When I started hearing rumors of this being their last tour I made it a point to go. Glad I did, it was a hell of a show and a fitting way to wrap up an extraordinary career.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

I haven't seen too many arena shows in the last 10 years, I prefer smaller venues, but I did see Rush live several times, and I was always impressed that they put everything they had into each performance, and they really seemed to be having fun on stage, they probably take themselves less seriously than most of their fans do. "Rush In Rio" is a great concert video, too.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived