Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Intro drawbar settings for Meters' "This is my Last Affair"?

HSS

Anyone out there know or recognize the drawbar settings for the intro to the old Meters' song "This is my Last Affair"? A band wants me to play it with them in a couple of nights at a pick-up gig unrehearsed.

Here's the song:

The intro sounds to my week-end warrior ears like it could be "880000060" or something similar with no C/V and then working the Leslie and percussion later; but I'm not sure.

Although I could stumble through the song, any help from you B3 pros would be appreciated.

BTW... I've played Cissy Strut hundreds of times but never this old Meters' song which is tasty because Art Neville's organ chops are carrying it.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mucho gracias!

I just pulled 'em on my SK1 which is right next to my laptop, as I'm typing this, and it sounds spot on.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

I don't know what's more appropriate, snax or dancing banana.

neither. There will always be guys here asking about drawbar settings. Some guys have never played a Hammond organ. Clones are relatively inexpensive now and plenty of guys are just starting to figure them out. They are asking for advice from more experienced users. That's what we do here.

:nopity:

True... I confess that I'm one of those guys who has spent very little time on a real Hammond, even though I've been playing keyboards in bands off and on for more than 30 years. The only Hammond I ever had was a beat-to-hell A100 for a couple of years back in the early 80's and I never really did much with it other than spill beer on it. At the time I played exclusively pianos, Rhodes, synths, and drums. I've been playing clones in blues bands only since about 2000- 2001 (XK-2, then XK1, and now SK1 / SK2).

I'm just trying to make music with whatever I can to get me through the low-brow week-end warrior gigs I play. I appreciate having access to the Hammond experts / pros that hang here at KC.

I don't know what's more appropriate, snax or dancing banana.

neither. There will always be guys here asking about drawbar settings. Some guys have never played a Hammond organ. Clones are relatively inexpensive now and plenty of guys are just starting to figure them out. They are asking for advice from more experienced users. That's what we do here.

Sigh. Yes, yes. Asked and answered, your honor.

My post was for Steve. "whatever" or a "hurray," I couldn't decide.

I wasn't commenting on the OP's question, no matter what my opinion of it was.

Peace.

Here for the gear.

Archived