Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wurlitzer EP200 Problem

Gary75

Can any of you guys that have played, or are playing Wurlitzer EP's offer any experience on short ringing notes.

I seem to have an issue with sustain in the half octave range below middle C. Actually it's two or three notes under Middle C. Now in the manual, it states to add paper shims under the reed bar. However doing so just pushed the problem round to adjacent notes upon tightening down again. Now I know it's not bad reeds because they all have a long ring time under this scenario.

When I add extra mass in the form of a pair of metal pliers or screwdriver on the back of the reed bar near on top of the pick up shield, I get all the sustain I want.

I know it's not pick up related as I have had the complete pick up array removed and I still have the issue.

It seems to be purely a lack of mass that's causing resonant frequencies to dissipate the sustain. And adding mass stops that.

It seems like the same issue you get with guitars.

I have ordered a rectangular magnet to go under the centre of the reed bar on the back and hopefully that mass will fix it.

But I'd sure like any input if you have experience on this matter.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can any of you guys that have played, or are playing Wurlitzer EP's offer any experience on short ringing notes.

I currently own a Wurlitxer 200. It is my 3rd Wurlie. I have not ever experienced this problem nor am I able to re create it. Wish I were more help to you.

:nopity:

Archived