Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: They stole my credit card info up in Vegas.

desertbluesman

Somebody up there in Vegas got a hold of my Credit Card info, and started charging stuff a few days after we got home. Fortunately Discover saw the disparity, because I used the card at the same time here in Arizona at Trader Joe's, I guess the computer knows I can't be in two places at once, and refused the purchases. They sent me an e-mail heads up, and I had the card cancelled, and asked for a new number all within an hour of the initial attempted thefts. No harm done to me, other than waiting a few days for the new cards, but we have others.

I have been trying to think how they could have gotten my info, as I only used that card at the hotel desk to pay for the room. However on the way home at the Chevron in Kingman Az. on Andy Divine, I put the card into the pump and the pump got a headache, I had to pull to another pump and do my fill up. They do shit like that out west here, somehow they get into the pumps and find a way to get the info off the card. That is my best guess as to where the thing happened. I hope the crooks lost a little money making up the phony card.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad your credit card company caught it DBM, before the crooks charged up tons of stuff and made their get away...my credit card company has been very good at finding fraud and they check with me whenever suspicious activity is involved! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

I called Woody's Chevron in Kingman Az a few minutes back, and hipped them to the possibility. They are figuring out ways to keep the hackers at bay and many states give them to 1/1/2017 to get their pumps up to snuff.

Larryz, my CC card company was on it immediately. Cudo's to them.

Scott, that may be the best option. I hate to wait for the cashier, but that, or cash, may be the best option till they figure the thing out..

Gas station CC fraud is alive and well here in Florida. They have even found little cameras nearby that record you inputting your code. Crooks are very sophisticated these days.:-(

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

HaaaaHaaa! That's good Larryz.

Well my Master Card is golfing in Hawaii

My Visa s' buying drinks in San Antone

Those cash-back rewards are already arriving

And Discover Card just raised my credit score....

:snax:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Good one SEH! Yeah, I was going to go for a blues...but thought...oh what the hell...let's cheer up Mi Amigo! :cheers:

Those ARE the blues if it's somebody else using your card to buy the drinks!!:cheers::D

Actually it works pretty good to the melody of Crying Time ;-)

SEHpicker

They found my card

In San Francisco

A look alike Elvis

Threw it in the bay

He said he stole it on the strip

From some Arizona Hick

Who Stopped for gas

and gave his pin# away... :keys2:

Ouch the knife twisted in my belly, Oh the pain, Oh the Pain. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dance2.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dance3.gif

@ SEH, Yeah that little ditty works good and bluesy to the tune of Crying Time LOL!

@ DBM, I was born in Arizona, so I'm an Arizokie and was just poking fun at you LOL! I pulled into a gas station near the airport in Sacramento. The pumps were screwed up as the computer wasn't working and you had to go inside and prepay. Which I did and used my card which could be entered manually on the computer. Shortly thereafter my card was being used in Texas while I was obviously still in California using the same number. My credit card was cancelled by the fraud unit and a few days later I got my new card in the mail. So things can happen even if you go inside to use your card. I think someone hacked the stations' computer...I don't know? but, I know this kind of thing irritates the hell out of me. I'm glad the credit card companies are looking out for us and are trying to catch those creeps out there! :cool:

ps. It's always wise to have a 2nd card with you in case the one you use all the time gets cancelled. This just happened to my friends last week while we were charging our meals on separate checks. Luckily they had more than one card, but I would have charged their bill if they hadn't. A buddy of mine pulled in to get gas in the outback and his card was cancelled. Luckily, he had cash on him or he would have been stranded. He learned to have a 2nd card on him after that experience...

Take care, Larryz

I have 3 other cards, one is my Visa debit card, only used for deposits. One is my wife's business card, I rarely use that one, but do on occasion and the other is another banks credit card.

I got my new Discover Cards yesterday, they are the ones with the chip in it.

Archived