Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Would a 50,000 watt synth be a bad idea?

zukskywalker

I'm actually talking about a synth radio show(50,000 watt transmitter at WPFW).

After giving it some thought, I figured that a general keyboard show would be more palpable since synth freaks are a very small minority. We already have a guitar-centric show called "G-strings" which is fairly popular so it makes sense to me that a KC type show might do us well.

It will need to be curated and I think that the KC community should be very much involved.

Thoughts? Ideas?

(PS: As regards new gear...in 2015 I took possession of THREE TONS of transmitter equipment for the station.)

So here we go!

Launch date: Sometime just before spring.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother, I'm more brain dead than usual today so I don't have any thought/ideas at the moment but I'll be more than happy to provide any assistance and or equipment you might need. :laugh:

General info for the forum: zukskywalker works at a radio station literally one block from the radio station where I work. We are both so busy we never see each other. Damn. That need to change.

:nopity:

[...]Thoughts? Ideas?[...]

I'm also devoid of such things at the moment, but I thought I'd mention that it's not necessary to be within the station's broadcast range. If you're able to see this post, you're probably able to listen. In fact, I'm doing so right now with a dialup connection, using the 32k stream.

http://www.wpfwfm.org/radio/listen-live/listen-live-other-players

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

Thanks Dave, and it looks like it's a go.

We've got an HD project underway which adds three additional HD channels that will be much more diversely populated. More importantly, as also noted above, we stream out programming on the web, and this project will add three more streams which will have live streaming and archives which we can port over to other sites.

IMHO, KC needs to play a major role in the program which aptly should be named..."The Keyboard Corner". (?)

(PS: WPFW is a member of the Pacifica Network and we have four sister stations and a couple hundred affiliate stations so there is a possibility of very wide terrestrial distribution.)

Archived