Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Been Getting Some Press.

The Bear Jew

It's been a while, friends. I don't post here as often anymore, but I frequently come by to check up on you guys.

I've been doing well, thanks for asking.

My band has a record coming out really soon, and we've been lucky enough to get some pre-release attention from the press. It's very flattering.

Noisey Digs Us

Metal Underground Thinks We're Cool

I know what we do isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thought I'd pop in to let you know what I've been doing.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The boy is seven now... has opinions, does accents, likes to ask a lot of questions, digs Pokemon... he's pretty awesome.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

The boy is seven now... has opinions, does accents, likes to ask a lot of questions, digs Pokemon... he's pretty awesome.

Oh no! When my kids started having "opinions" I had to redouble their beatings! Damm, that was tiring. :(

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

It's been a while, friends. I don't post here as often anymore, but I frequently come by to check up on you guys.

My band has a record coming out really soon, and we've been lucky enough to get some pre-release attention from the press. It's very flattering.

Noisey Digs Us

I know what we do isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thought I'd pop in to let you know what I've been doing.

Good to hear from you, Eric. And great news about the band starting to go places! :D

Oh, and I actually watched that documentary about the Ulfberth swords. Was really cool, and a neat inspiration for the song. :thu:

Good stuff, all success to you I look forward to reading a few more of your gig stories soon, you can't make that stuff up

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Noisey Digs Us

Good to hear from you, Eric. And great news about the band starting to go places! :D

Oh, and I actually watched that documentary about the Ulfberth swords. Was really cool, and a neat inspiration for the song. :thu:

Much to my wife's chagrin I'm a bit of a collector of knives, swords and bladed weapons (and I have the scars to prove it). I would be very interested in this documentary about Ulfberth swords Erik. What is it called and where can I find it, may I ask?

Push the button Frank.

Much to my wife's chagrin I'm a bit of a collector of knives, swords and bladed weapons (and I have the scars to prove it). I would be very interested in this documentary about Ulfberth swords Erik. What is it called and where can I find it, may I ask?

If I'm not mistaken, this was it:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/secrets-viking-sword.html

(edit)

Reading the transcript, now I'm certain that was it, because one segment actually replicated the entire process, including making the crucible steel...

Yup, that's the one. The most bad-ass sword in all of the Viking lands. Fun fact: I wrote those lyrics while sitting in a Starbucks. So, yeah, that song could have easily been about chai latte. Just saying.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

Archived