Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tyros4 accompaniment improved a lot?

trombonzen

Hi.. I am actually trying to make up my mind between tyros3 and tyros4. For me the main thing is the quality of the accompaniment styles; i'm not that much interested in other things, i'm a wind instrument player and my main goal is recording and gigging with the backing tracks i'll prepare (some are compositions and some are arrangements)

I have a question that is so important for me to figure out. Right now my budget is ok with Tyros3, i must save money for tyros4.. I checked a comparison site and it says T3 has 450, t4 has 500 accompaniment styles. It also mentions "403 Pro Styles, 47 Session Styles with MegaVoices (used by preset styles)" for both of them.. So they look pretty same in accompaniment.

On the other hand Yamaha says: "The Styles of the Tyros4 have been vastly enhanced with new Super Articulation Voices, and made even more powerful with DSP effect processing. Guitar parts respond accurately to your chord changes with remarkable realism, and human voice sounds can also be played with unprecedented expressiveness..."

My question is in tyros3 would the styles sound poorer to Tyros4 or could that be just a sales policy thing of Yamaha.. A friend of mine thinks that definetely is (but he does not have T4).. He thinks the styles and the quality are almost the same but there are other features that makes T4 different.. I mean do those things (Super articulation voices and DSP effect processing) not exist on Tyros 3? It looks like they exist when i read the specs.. I'm confused shall i be patient and go for a T4? Or i can just buy a T3 now.. I will appreciate a lot if you could share your experience and knowledge.. thanks for reading..

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi.. I am actually trying to make up my mind between tyros3 and tyros4.[...]

Although you might get some replies here, the Synth Zone site has a forum more specifically dedicated to arranger keyboards:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/37/1/General_Arranger_Keyboard_Foru

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

Thanks.. I tried to register with them many times, this message comes on the screen: New user registrations are not being accepted at this time.

You might try to contact Nigel Spencer directly. His email address is readily available on the Synth Zone site.

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

You say "gigging'.. does that mean setting up the Tyros on stage with your horn?

I own tyros 4- restricted by my minimal grasp of things Yamaha- I would say save money and go with 3

or save money and buy psr950

The 950 has audio tracks available as does the Tyros 5. I do NOT understand the expandability of these tracks... are you stuck with what Yamaha gives you, or can other audio be EASILY imported.. since it's Yamaha, easily and yamaha do not show up in the same sentence

The reason the 950, is because #1 it's much lighter and more convenient for a horn player

#2 the 950 contains two speaker inside its body.. which is VERY important.

I bought the tyros for its large number of drum beats. I am not totally happy with it.. of course I am a purist..YMMV

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Hi --

You should also check out the PSR Tutorial site and forum:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/

There are plenty of posts comparing Tyros X vs. Tyros Y and other arranger workstation offerings from Yamaha. There are also lots of comments about the new and current Tyros 5.

All the best -- pj

Hi.. Thanks. Somehow all these sites are being very mean in accepting people.. I registered with psr tutorials 3 days ago form 2 different emails, i did receive wellcome email but it says "Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address".. And nothing happens, i've been waiting. Then i tried fro another email.. they dont want me i guess..

Hi --

You should also check out the PSR Tutorial site and forum:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/

There are plenty of posts comparing Tyros X vs. Tyros Y and other arranger workstation offerings from Yamaha. There are also lots of comments about the new and current Tyros 5.

All the best -- pj

Hi.. Thanks. Somehow all these sites are being very mean in accepting people.. I registered with psr tutorials 3 days ago form 2 different emails, i did receive wellcome email but it says "Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address".. And nothing happens, i've been waiting. Then i tried fro another email.. they don't want me i guess..

Not at all. PSR community is very friendly. There are more pro level players here at KC.

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

You say "gigging'.. does that mean setting up the Tyros on stage with your horn?

I own tyros 4- restricted by my minimal grasp of things Yamaha- I would say save money and go with 3

or save money and buy psr950

The 950 has audio tracks available as does the Tyros 5. I do NOT understand the expandability of these tracks... are you stuck with what Yamaha gives you, or can other audio be EASILY imported.. since it's Yamaha, easily and yamaha do not show up in the same sentence

The reason the 950, is because #1 it's much lighter and more convenient for a horn player

#2 the 950 contains two speaker inside its body.. which is VERY important.

I bought the tyros for its large number of drum beats. I am not totally happy with it.. of course I am a purist..YMMV

Hi, many thanks for your suggestions. Before i came to tyros i actually considered the s950 for a long time, read manuals, forums and watched videos.. Then for the sake of touch screen my mind mived to pa900, also for the availability of more expansion sets and being more popular, thought if i wanted to upgrade would be easier to sell. Although a corner of my mind was still stuck with s950. My budget is enough for both of the and tyros3 as well right now.

Then i noticed that accompaniment styles of tyros 4 is more realistic and, i dont know i liked them more after watching many videos just showing the styles.. On youtube "YK Darth" user has uploaded many long videos of styles of t4, t5 and pa3x.. T5 is out of reality for my budget so i checked all T4 videos.. they are amazing.. accompanimet styles are the most important for thing for my projects and gigs. I can be quiet humble with the rest. At first i didnt want to sacrifice the speakers just like you sid and the light weight of s950.. plus the touch screen of pa900.. but i finally think that i wont mind carrying to the car and from car to the venue when it comes to gigging, i dont want to sacrifice the styles..

Then a T3 user friend suggested that; t3's styles are almost the sae with t4, dont worry about it he said, just go for t3.. He also said he can import t4 and t5 styles to t3. That mmakes me confused as yamaha says "The Styles of the Tyros4 have been vastly enhanced with new Super Articulation Voices, and made even more powerful with DSP effect processing. Guitar parts respond accurately to your chord changes with remarkable realism, and human voice sounds can also be played with unprecedented expressiveness..."..

this friend of mine is very professional, he is prepearing expansion sets for Turkish Music and about to sell it to Yamaha Company.

Just what i need to know is would the styles really sound much better in T4 (as Yamaha people claim)

These ("devil is in the details") are going to have to be sorted out in 2 places.

One is PSR.. you will have to be patient , but these folks are older, and are very willing to help. Whether they have an immediate answer is another matter.. so patience, till you arrive at answers

But I forgot to mention another source- The Yamaha technical support group.

They have talked to me; but now I am not sure if owning a yamaha device is a prerequisite to gaining detailed knowledge . But worth a try.

Neither PSR people are accepting my registration request nor Synth Zone (Nigel Spencer guy)

Some email Spam filters are overly aggressive - check your Spam/Junk folder, just in case things got routed there.

Archived