Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tyros4 tone wise compared to Motif

I have been struggling to like the sound of theTyros4 since I bought it. The purpose of T4 is one man band stuff. But the sound of the basses, pianos, sound weak to me. Interestingly some of the guitars, vibes, ACCORDIONS sound quite good!

The sound seems so Airy to me, so without richness in the tone.

Anyone with experience with this High dollar board ( and the high price irks me, when juxtaposed with the sounds of pianos and basses and strings too ) please share your experiences and opinions and possible EQ fixes.

Thanks

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I can suggest is to try it through different types of speakers. I know my Mox pianos actually sound better through my Mackie PA speaker than through my bookshelf monitor speakers. YMMV

Judging by your avatar, you have exquisite taste in music. I just can't escape this lack of substance ( airy ) tone in EP and AP's

I was hoping eq etc settings had something to do with it.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

In the arranger world the Tyros is known for putting a lot of DSP into their sounds because in the home market where the player is sitting in their living room with all the furniture and carpeting it needs that airy sound. Most pros who gig with arrangers prefer the Korgs. The Tyros is still a top arranger keyboard but IMO and others the overall Korg sounds are a tad better.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Archived