Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

App suggestions for triggering samples off iPad screen...

DanS

Just scored an Air2 64g. Been doing some searches for the above mentioned, and finding a lot of grist for the mill so to speak.

Interested in hearing what you guys are using for apps that allow you to add/trigger samples without too much hassle.

Beatmaker & a few others look interesting, but overly busy for my needs.

Any suggs appreciated.

Dan

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One-shot triggered sounds or a whole instrument played across the keyboard?

For the former, have a look at 'simpler sampler'; it's as bare bones basic as you can get but it's uncluttered and easy to use. Very limited functionality though, depending on your needs.

For the latter I like Music Studio. It's a full featured DAW akin to GarageBand, but the sampler capabilities are impressive if you have a few different sampled notes of an instrument and want to stretch them out across several octaves.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Thanks DR, I'm looking mostly at one shots & loop capability. Looking mainly to trigger from the iPad itself, sound effects, drum loops & stuff.

I'll check out your suggs, thanks.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I use SAMPL

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I use SAMPL

This. When I was triggering from my iPad I, too, used SAMPL.

It can be just a tiny bit quirky setting it up as far as getting used to its ways. However, it was a solid app for me. I used it on my iPad 2 with no issues.

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Simpler sampler will not do any looping. Don't waste your time trying it then. It's just the easiest way I found to trigger sound effects without too much clutter.

SAMPLR seems to be the favorite around here, based on my recollection of other similar posts.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Archived