Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rhodes and Vox AC15 (or similar sized amps)

DavidD

I think the Hot Rod Deluxe will be fine for my needs. I'll only be using it live and not for recordings etc., so as long as it can play loud enough (which I'm sure it can) and give me the nice Fender reverb and sound, I'm a happy camper.

When I played guitar through my Hot Rod Deluxe, the internal reverb would add weird ringing tones to any note played above the 12th fret. I usually would turn the reverb down to 1 or even 0 as a result. This is an issue that's been consistently reported by owners of this amp.

You may want to audition that amp with your Rhodes if possible. If you really have your heart set on reverb, you may want to consider an external reverb (pedal, spring reverb box, etc.) unless you find that ringing issue does not bother you.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I played guitar through my Hot Rod Deluxe, the internal reverb would add weird ringing tones to any note played above the 12th fret. I usually would turn the reverb down to 1 or even 0 as a result. This is an issue that's been consistently reported by owners of this amp.

You may want to audition that amp with your Rhodes if possible. If you really have your heart set on reverb, you may want to consider an external reverb (pedal, spring reverb box, etc.) unless you find that ringing issue does not bother you.

OK, thanks for the heads up. I have several reverb pedals I can use if I don't like the sound of the spring reverb in the HRD, so if it comes to that it's not that big of an issue.

Auditioning the amp beforehand will unfortunately be tough for me.

I don't own a car, so I would have to rent one or take a taxi to take with the Rhodes for amp try-outs, which is a bit finicky. If it turns out that I absolutely *hate* the HDR sound with my Rhodes (I'm guessing I won't), the amp should be pretty easy to resell on the used market. And I plan to buy used, so I shouldn't lose any money on a maneuver like that (hopefully).

David Dyrholm - Copenhagen.

Rhodes MK II, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Moog Sub 37, Roland Juno 6, Casio PX-5S, MBP w. Mainstage (+ lots of fx pedals).

Endorsed by Casio.

Archived