Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Marcus Miller basses

jeremy c

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jeremy. I have really no need for another Jazz bass but now I'm seriously considering this.

http://www.sire-usa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/780x300/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/l/alder4awh_1.jpg

I'm getting a ridiculous tax refund and the wife might hardly notice at that price...

Push the button Frank.

That's an outrageous price. Reminds me of the Flea basses in concept, but in normal colors. Did those basses ever take off?

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

General consensus on TB and elsewhere is that the Flea basses are pretty much useless except for wall art, doorstops, and firewood.

Conversely, there seem to be, for the most part, many satisfied takers for the MM bass. There are numerous threads on TB reflecting this, some dissatisfaction but majority pleased.

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I'd consider a fretless for sure, as it's the only bass I want to upgrade - after that I am done. For sure ...

:D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

General consensus on TB and elsewhere is that the Flea basses are pretty much useless except for wall art, doorstops, and firewood.

I have played a grand total of 1 Fleabass. I was underwhelmed by the sound. Playability was fine. I guess I'm a soldier in General Consensus' army.

The new MM line looks interesting. I'm not in the market for anything right now, so I may only play one if I happen upon one by chance in my travels hither and yon.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

This was an April Fool's joke, right? The giveaway was the date of the article, along with the list of who plays the bass.

If not a joke, I wonder if Fender has to cancel their own Marcus Miller model?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I'm seriously considering a 5-er if this is for real

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Looks like you can pre-order with an estimated May 7 delivery date. I hate buying anything without having it in my hands to try out first, but I'm seriously considering the Natural finish Ash 5-string.

I only have a 4-string Steinberger and 4-string acoustic electric.....I could definitely use a 5-string, and have always wanted a Jazz. This could be the ticket. I have gone through some harsh economic times in recent years, but have a bit of cash on hand right now.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tested a couple of those at a show, and was convinced that they have no match at the price.

The preamp is very effective and it works wonders as you might expect from a high end preamp with 18V power.

In passive mode, the sound is great anyway.

I I was not very satisfied with my custom bass, I might have considered buying one. If I had tested an MM bass along with my custom J style, I would have gone with the MM, more flexible.

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

Archived