Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinions of Numa Compact

Jasonbass32

I have been considering purchasing the studiologic numa compact for some time. The price recently dropped $100 to $399 so am really thinking about trying it out.

Primary purpose would be to play software pianos. I prefer semi weighted action. I am currently using a nord electo sw 73 for piano, both its internal sound and as a controller.

I'm getting more used to it but it's still not the best IMO

Do you guys think the numa compact would be an upgrade as far as playability over the electro for piano? There is nowhere local for me to try one out.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, it is better than the Nord SW actions, it is not so highly sprung. (This is based on recent Nord, i.e. Electro 3 and up... I'm not sure if the older Electro is the same, I haven't played it in a long time).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I should have checked this out more at NAMM, but I was busy trying the Numa organ 2 . The price seems good. But typically Studiologic is not carried by Guitar Center so I never see their piano oriented products.

GC does carry the the Williams Legato, which is semi weighted with 88 keys. Actually this board surprised me. It has a fairly decent Rhodes and you can get a nice Rhodes/ Acoustic bass split on it. It also has a surprisingly good synth patch. I posted about this a week or so ago. It seemed to offer quire a bit for the low price.

The keybed seemed decent and it makes me wonder if it is at all similar to the Studiologic. It wouldn't surprise me if they are similar.

The price on the Williams is $199.00, but you can commonly get it for $150.00. I have been thinking of trying it with some software myself.

Archived