Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Info on my new guitar

Fred_C

Gents,

Here is a link to info on my new guitar (Peerless Monarch 16).

http://guitarsnjazz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/peerless-monarch-16-08.jpg

Gorgeous Jazz tone! Solid wood (solid maple body & solid spruce top).

If you recall, I had mentioned that I played a $5300 Knaggs Cheyna hollow body at a guitar show. I think I remember how the Knaggs played and sounded. I'm not joking when I tell you that the tone and playability of the Monarch comes incredibly close. Price: $1350. Peerless archtops are made in Korea and they claim that their guitars will compete with anything at 2-3 times the price. I'm a believer. Thrilled with the quality, tone and playability!!!

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting-well if you checkout my guitar show report thread, you will see that I spent quite a long session with a Chena-not the first time. I would be interested to know more about those guitars.

Yeah, that one brings the D`Angelico New Yorker to mind.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

It's hard to judge just how good ANY guitar is just from a photograph. Like with people, looking good doesn't mean the person IS good, and a great looking guitar, like the one pictured, is NO guarantee that the instrument is worth either the time OR money. But, since you're not trying to SELL it, we'll easily take your word for it that the axe is worth the time and effort!

The important thing is, if YOU'RE happy with it, then what WE think isn't all that important. But, if you ARE happy with it, then WE are happy for YOU!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

That is one beautiful and classic jazz machine! No one is more deserving than you Fred...CONGRATS! :cool::2thu:

Bro. Larry,

Thanks! I am very happy with the instrument. Incredible tone and playability. Value well above its price.

Congrats. Peerless need no defending in my book. In my personal collection, my favorite Gretsches & Epiphones (I have 4 or 5) are the Peerless built models. I have had a few of the Peerless branded archtops on my wish list for quite a while now, but unfortunately my favorite local mom & pop guitar shop stopped carrying them. They occasionally show up on Craigslist. Anyway, fine guitars. You'll be very happy, Fred.
Scott Fraser

I have had a few of the Peerless branded archtops on my wish list for quite a while now, but unfortunately my favorite local mom & pop guitar shop stopped carrying them. .

Hey Scott,

Thanks. When the time comes contact Guitars-n-Jazz in Summit, NJ (Contact info below). They are the USA distributors for Peerless and have a vast number in stock. As a matter of fact, the Monarch 16 I purchased is an exclusive model made for them. Here's the contact info:

Contact Information

Guitars n Jazz

c/o Lou Del Rosso

407 Springfield Avenue

Summit, NJ 07901

CALL US AT:

908-403-3426

They have an email contact form on their website.

Regards.

Fred

I spent quite a long session with a Chena-not the first time. I would be interested to know more about those guitars.

Skip,

I thought that the Cheyna was a very nice guitar. Is it worth the over $5K pricetag? I'm not sure. As I mentioned in my post last June, they had a "show special" going on for $3K. This seemed to me to be a fair value. BTW: Did you notice how light weight the Cheyna was for a semi-hollow design?

I spent quite a long session with a Chena-not the first time. I would be interested to know more about those guitars.

Skip,

I thought that the Cheyna was a very nice guitar. Is it worth the over $5K pricetag? I'm not sure. As I mentioned in my post last June, they had a "show special" going on for $3K. This seemed to me to be a fair value. BTW: Did you notice how light weight the Cheyna was for a semi-hollow design?

Fred yes, those show deals are another reason why it`s fun to attend-provided you can bring the goods money wise. I did notice how light the Chena was, had to be careful with it at first so I didn`t overreach and bump it into something. Have to agree with you, if I had that kind of coin to spend on a guitar my eye would be doing a lot of wandering. I can think of four or five makers off the top of my head, which include neither Gibson nor Fender, that I could be just as happy with as the Knaggs.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived