Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis QS6 ver 2.0 Failure

jt1642608385

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really like this board (i.e. it has the sounds you want), then just buy a replacement; it will be cheaper than trying to get it repaired. Otherwise, look for something similar but a little more modern/updated, like a used Yamaha MM6.

I still use my QS8.2 because the QS series happens to be chock full of useful sounds that are perfect for classic prog-rock (one of my bands is a prog tribute band), and it is also the cheapest board that you can import your own samples (through a laptop interface with Alesis software and a linear flash card... kind of a PITA but it works). Once the flash card is written, you just plug it into the synth and the custom samples are instantly ready; no need for hard-disk uploading/streaming).

The engine lacks filter resonance but has just about everything else you'd need (velocity cross-fading, 8-stage envelopes, tracking generator, EQ, lots of modulations). So as a sample playback engine it's just fine; but not good for synthesizing or re-synthesizing sounds.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

I understand that the LCD screens are a common point of failure in older Alesis gear. Replacement screens are available on eBay (or were, last time I checked), and any competent repair shop would be able to fit one.

Equally, it won't be desparately cheap - you might wish to buy a replacement board.

Cheers, Mike

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Jt, I apologize. You didn't say where you were so me and others were very blunt with you because if you were anywhere in the US picking up a used replacement keyboard would be easy and cheap. It's probably a problem for you where you're located. Good luck.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Alesis' "dealer" for Venezuela is, according to the Alesis website:

Dealers located in VENEZUELA:

Intermark Industries, Inc.

2980 NW 74th AVENUE

MIAMI, FL USA 33122

VENEZUELA

Tel: (305) 591-8930

Fax: (305) 593-1091

http://www.intermarkindustries.com

Give them a call, as they're the most likely source of assistance for this situation.

(and yes, I know that Miami is not in Venezuela ;) )

Archived