Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mitchel Forman

timwat

Saw him last week for first time, accompanying Tierney Sutton at a small jazz venue in Oakland.

Was really revelatory for me. He was sensitive, creative, very very precise and clean, wonderful sense of time nuances, etc.

I didn't know who he was - he's played with Wayne Shorter, Mahavishnu, and others. Really, really dug his playing. Apparently nowadays an LA cat.

I was really impressed. You SoCal guys know him, hang with him?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I have that Gary Burton album. Mitch Forman has almost the same name as me (Rich Forman!) and I've often seen his name come up when narcisistically googling myself.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Forman had a promising solo album with "Train of Thought", then he worked on all those great names. I find his acoustic jazz work a bit on the conventional side, but his taste is always good. I have a trio album dedicated to Bill Evans (the title escapes me right now) which is really pleasant.

Forman had a promising solo album with "Train of Thought", then he worked on all those great names. I find his acoustic jazz work a bit on the conventional side, but his taste is always good. I have a trio album dedicated to Bill Evans (the title escapes me right now) which is really pleasant.

Yes, it's called "Now and Then". I like it, as I do most of his work.

Now and Then

Here's others available as well:

Amazon Page

I first heard of him from that same "Train Of Thought" album, and then the Brecker Brothers. He played a nice duet on "Geraldine" with Russ Ferrante at last years' NAMM Show in the Korg Booth.

Highly recommended artist.

Jerry

Archived